Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
No cheider for my son!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

frimamom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 2:24 pm
monseychick wrote:
Your heart is in the right place Yocheved.. But I dont think the kind of schools OP wants even have email..

Some of them do, but they dont really care. School already started, they know I dont have a place for him.

frimamom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 2:25 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Afaik it's only till age 5. She doesn't want to put him somewhere for a year or two and then have to change/transition him again, if I understood her.

That's exactly what I said. He needs stability.

frimamom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
my dh works in munckatch and is shocked to hear they didn't accept someone.
Did they give you a reason why they didn't accept your son?

If you really want to he could try to get you in.

Do you think your husband can help? if yes, please PM me

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:59 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Isn't there a school called Tashbar? Or did they also close down?
They never returned my calls. I wanted to go tour the place before I fill out a detailed headstart form to see if its even shayach for my kid. Another place last year had 6 nursery boys, 4 of them had seits. thats way too small of a class for my kid.

frimamom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 4:25 pm
bnm wrote:
They never returned my calls. I wanted to go tour the place before I fill out a detailed headstart form to see if its even shayach for my kid. Another place last year had 6 nursery boys, 4 of them had seits. thats way too small of a class for my kid.

I heard that it closed

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 4:40 pm
frimamom wrote:
I don't think Lakewood is any better. Or Monsey. Or any other place.

At least in Lakewood u have a vaad of Rabbonim that do not allow schools to start until all kids are placed. There is no one to talk to in Boro Park.

wtvr

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 6:18 pm
I don't have any advice about a specific school, but I would recommend trying all the schools that told you no before again, especially those that didn't give you a reason. There were many parents left scrambling after your original school closed down, and my guess is schools initially rejected people to feel out who was really serious about sending to their school, not just because they had nowhere else to go. Now that school started and things are settled, they may also have a better idea of space and thibgs like that, plus you have to show them that your serious about wanting your kid there. Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 6:22 pm
Torah Mesora has a program where they get you into schools and yeshivas call them. Hazlacha

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 6:33 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Afaik it's only till age 5. She doesn't want to put him somewhere for a year or two and then have to change/transition him again, if I understood her.

No, I'm not referring to Gan Tashbar. Wasn't there an Eitz Chaim breakaway called Tashbar, or something? Did they also close down?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 6:49 pm
Eishes Chaim wrote:
At least in Lakewood u have a vaad of Rabbonim that do not allow schools to start until all kids are placed. There is no one to talk to in Boro Park.

REALLY ???? Rolling Eyes

So why are 90 kids still w/o a school there, and all the schools are running just fine..

"There were Jews being gassed and cremated behind those walls, ?? I didn't smell anything "

doctorima

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 7:11 pm
Do you have a Rav who knows you and might be able to have some pull in one of the schools you're interested in? Or any other well-connected family member or friend who could put in a call on your behalf?

rae gi

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
REALLY ???? Rolling Eyes

So why are 90 kids still w/o a school there, and all the schools are running just fine..

"There were Jews being gassed and cremated behind those walls, ?? I didn't smell anything "

How appropriate. Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:18 pm
rae gi wrote:
How appropriate. Rolling Eyes

When a person is hurting for their child (everyone else is getting on a school bus tomorrow, and her child is not) then you can't blame her choice of words. May you never know the tza'ar.

OP, Rabbi Reichberg of Torah U'Mesorah negotiates with schools in the tri-state area. He is a chassidish yungerman and the person you should be calling now.

rae gi

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
When a person is hurting for their child (everyone else is getting on a school bus tomorrow, and her child is not) then you can't blame her choice of words. May you never know the tza'ar.

OP, Rabbi Reichberg of Torah U'Mesorah negotiates with schools in the tri-state area. He is a chassidish yungerman and the person you should be calling now.

That post was by amother, not the OP. Amother was not talking about her own child. In any case, IMO, the comment was way over the top. May you never know the tza'ar either.

frimamom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:35 pm
rae gi wrote:
That post was by amother, not the OP. Amother was not talking about her own child. In any case, IMO, the comment was way over the top. May you never know the tza'ar either.

Actually it does feel like that. I heard today from another few mothers that also don't have a place yet for their sons. Nobody is our large chasidish world is saying a thing about all those kids without a school. Yes, me and I'm sure every other mother in my shoes feels like our world is on fire and nobody is doing a thing.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:59 pm
frimamom wrote:
Actually it does feel like that. I heard today from another few mothers that also don't have a place yet for their sons. Nobody is our large chasidish world is saying a thing about all those kids without a school. Yes, me and I'm sure every other mother in my shoes feels like our world is on fire and nobody is doing a thing.

It sounds like there are schools available but the schools that might be willing to accept your son are not the schools that you want.

I'm not sure if that is something that will make everyone else feel that their world is on fire.

frimamom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:10 am
Jeanette wrote:
It sounds like there are schools available but the schools that might be willing to accept your son are not the schools that you want.

I'm not sure if that is something that will make everyone else feel that their world is on fire.

It doesn't sound like you are chasidish. When you grow up in a community for 25 years and nobody is there to help when you need to put your son in a cheider, it does feel like everything around you is on fire. Everything and everyone you believed in goes up in smoke. I will most probably have to put my son into a cheider that is not chasidish. People always say it's good to be part of a community. Now my community closed their door in my face.

monseychick

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 2:42 am
OP... I know its easy for me to say. But Im sure in a few years you will see how Hashem runs the world , and see that this is the best thing every happened to you..

A neighbor I am very close to grew up in KJ, she was married to 2 abusive men. For the past few years she has been divorced, with a cute lil boy. No one would take him. Finally, she sent him shock
a modern school..

Now he is very happy, she is very happy, and the kid will actually get a decent education, and grow up to be a productive member of soceity...

Jeanette

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:56 am
frimamom wrote:
It doesn't sound like you are chasidish. When you grow up in a community for 25 years and nobody is there to help when you need to put your son in a cheider, it does feel like everything around you is on fire. Everything and everyone you believed in goes up in smoke. I will most probably have to put my son into a cheider that is not chasidish. People always say it's good to be part of a community. Now my community closed their door in my face.

I actually did grow up chassidish (wrong chassidus though Wink) but I also grew up out of town where we didn't have the luxury to have one school for the long shaitles and one school for the short shaitles and one school for the pony tail shaitels, and schools for long payos, short payos, curly payos and behind-the-ears payos. We all went to the same school and learned to deal with it and get along with each other. And we are all better off for it. I understand if you are in BP the thought of socializing let alone going to school with someone who is slightly different in hashkafah is equivalent to the world coming to an end. But to the rest of the world, it isn't seen as a crisis.

frimamom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:30 am
Jeanette wrote:
I actually did grow up chassidish (wrong chassidus though Wink) but I also grew up out of town where we didn't have the luxury to have one school for the long shaitles and one school for the short shaitles and one school for the pony tail shaitels, and schools for long payos, short payos, curly payos and behind-the-ears payos. We all went to the same school and learned to deal with it and get along with each other. And we are all better off for it. I understand if you are in BP the thought of socializing let alone going to school with someone who is slightly different in hashkafah is equivalent to the world coming to an end. But to the rest of the world, it isn't seen as a crisis.

I actually don't care about which chasidos. If other have Long or short peyis, wigs, etc. But I do want my son to stay chasidish. But the chasidish cheiders in Boro Park don't care about the things that really matter. They don't care if I am frum, chasidish, etc. If I don't go dressed 100% the way they like, they won't accept my son. And the cheider that usually do accept people like me have their classes full already. Because of this, my son will probably not grow up chasidish.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers