Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Does anyone feel that they want it to be Motzei Yom Kippur a
1  2  Next

Do u want it to be Motzei Yom Kippur already?
Yes  
 56%  [ 31 ]
No  
 43%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 55

Rochel4

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:28 am
Is it normal to feel that I want Elul,Rosh hashana and Yom kippur to be over already?
Do u feel the same?

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:28 am
nope.

Are you nervous about fasting?

lkwdmommy

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 12:23 pm
Nope, because we are making DS's bar mitzvah on Sukkos and I did not even start planning or baking!

imasinger

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 12:27 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
Nope, because we are making DS's bar mitzvah on Sukkos and I did not even start planning or baking!

Mazel tov!

Add me to the negatives.

I've got wayy too much teshuvah to attend to first, feeling pressed for time as it is! Oh, yeah, and then the cooking.

On the plus side, the next time I get to see DD and family is Sukkos. I am soo eager to see my DGD again!

mandr

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 1:05 pm
Yes because I'm nervous about fasting while nursing, although Tisha B'Av wasn't too fast. But then I knew in the back of my mind that I did have a heter to not fast, but not for Yom Kippur.

sheifelah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 1:44 pm
No. .. time flies so fast alread! I am looking forward yup rosh Hashanah though! Finally a chance to eat out Wink

Hiiii mandr! Long time Wink How are you and your baby?

newkallah

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 2:29 pm
Rochel4 wrote:
Is it normal to feel that I want Elul,Rosh hashana and Yom kippur to be over already?
Do u feel the same?
Yes! Those 3 day Yom Tovs are gonna be looong Smile

supermama2

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:04 pm
Nope, I have too much teshuvah to do. I can not imagine fast forwarding on that one.

itssimplyme

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:06 pm
Not really, I actually like Yom Kippur a lot. Yom Kippur and Chanukah are my favourite festivals. I love how on Yom Kippur everything just kind of shuts down, there is nothing to prepare, you just forget everything except your relationship with G-d. I find it really cathartic and actually love going to shul and find it really moving, the service is so beautiful.
It's a fresh start and an inspiring time. Good to look forward to.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:19 pm
Op I'll back you up. I'm always relieved when yk is over. It's a tough day especially for moms of small children.

freidasima

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:23 pm
I bet I'm the only person who would be happy with a four or five day yuntif! It's the only time I am cut off from all the world and unless there is a war going on when my kids who are home have to leave their phones or beeper's on etc. if the army calls, it's quiet. It's family. It's davening, food, reading, sleep, thinkng, talking, and hopefully good things. A hiatus from the hectic life. YK is not my favorite holiday, that's for sure, and I wish it could just be cancelled, the fast does nothing but make us (dh and I) very sick, no redeeming features and we are at the ages and states of health that our doctors will soon tell us that even regular fasting may be out of the question because of our meds but meanwhile we do it...

But as for RH? A wonderful chag. Scary as heck. More than YK even. Yom hadin.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:38 am
Love Rosh Hashana.
Yom Kippur not looking forward to being in bed and sick with the kids cooped up. Sigh. Kappure.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:43 am
freidasima wrote:
I bet I'm the only person who would be happy with a four or five day yuntif! It's the only time I am cut off from all the world and unless there is a war going on when my kids who are home have to leave their phones or beeper's on etc. if the army calls, it's quiet. It's family. It's davening, food, reading, sleep, thinkng, talking, and hopefully good things. A hiatus from the hectic life. YK is not my favorite holiday, that's for sure, and I wish it could just be cancelled, the fast does nothing but make us (dh and I) very sick, no redeeming features and we are at the ages and states of health that our doctors will soon tell us that even regular fasting may be out of the question because of our meds but meanwhile we do it...

But as for RH? A wonderful chag. Scary as heck. More than YK even. Yom hadin.
We have shabbat every single week for that.

etky

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:29 am
I also love the Yamim Noraim. I love the solemnity of the liturgy and the contemplative aspect. I also look forward to the extra-festive, once-a-year character of the meals on Rosh Hashana. On Yom Kippur I like not having to fuss about food though it would be nice to put just a little something in the stomach to stave off the hunger pains and headache. No way would I fast forward to motzei Yom Kippur. Though if you'd asked me ten years ago, when the kids were little and I didn't really daven much in shul, I might have answered otherwise.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 8:06 am
etky wrote:
I also love the Yamim Noraim. I love the solemnity of the liturgy and the contemplative aspect. I also look forward to the extra-festive, once-a-year character of the meals on Rosh Hashana. On Yom Kippur I like not having to fuss about food though it would be nice to put just a little something in the stomach to stave off the hunger pains and headache. No way would I fast forward to motzei Yom Kippur. Though if you'd asked me ten years ago, when the kids were little and I didn't really daven much in shul, I might have answered otherwise.
This, 100%. My daughter is 6. I have not gone into shul for the last almost 7 years (we lived on the bottom of a hill when I was pregnant and I had a lot of trouble walking) and I dont look forward to RH and YK at all. I may actually go in to the beit knesset this year as she is old enough to stay in the park outside by herself (it is directly near the shul - I can see her playing from the window of the shul) but Im not sure yet. As I have not davened in a shul on RH or YK for the last 7 years, it will be hard to sit through the long davening. We shall see.
As for fasting, I never look forward to that. And as of late, because of some medical problems, it is even harder for me to fast as I drink a lot of water during the day so I feel terrible pretty quickly, so I would not mind fast forwarding to after YK for that reason.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 9:45 am
Sometimes I feel like the OP, but Sukkos wouldn't be the joyous relief it is if we didn't complete Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur beforehand.

roika

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:47 pm
mandr wrote:
Yes because I'm nervous about fasting while nursing, although Tisha B'Av wasn't too fast. But then I knew in the back of my mind that I did have a heter to not fast, but not for Yom Kippur.

My thoughts exactly, except baby wasn't born yet on tisha bav...

rachelle613

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:51 pm
Definitely, as I'm pregnant and get horribly sick repeatedly until I eat. Rav said I can't have shiurim so really dreading it. I hope it will be a kapparah coz I ain't gonna get much davening done..

penguin

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 2:10 pm
This year my doctor did not allow me to fast Tisha B'Av as dehydration is risky for a medical condition I have. I have not yet asked her about Yom Kippur, which, one hopes, will be cooler.

I ended up drinking a shnaps glass of tea every time I remembered. I still felt quite weak. I didn't even think to ask about eating as the point was not to get dehydrated.

Quote:
get horribly sick repeatedly until I eat. Rav said I can't have shiurim
This sounds strange. I would ask your doctor and Rov to talk to each other.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 3:16 pm
Yes!!!
I hate fasting. Love motze Y"K because it is a whole 10months until 9av.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics