Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
ISO narrow FF/high back booster

teddyb

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 12:12 pm
Im looking for a narrow forward facing carseat/high back booster (for 3 across situation).

The seat is as a second car seat for use in my parents car or in dh's when needed as well as for carpool.

my main criteria are cheap and narrow. and lightweight so that its not very heavy to transfer to another car.

In my car I have 2 diono radians- one FF and one RF. I need this seat to fit behind the driver side. (RF is in the center)

TIA for any ideas!

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:14 pm
my SIL was recently telling me she got the evenflo maestro

it seems like its pretty narrow- tho not a radian. but maybe it will work for you?

bnm

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:49 pm
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harm.....96374

I was told by car seat experts this is the narrowest. Usually out of stock on Wal Mart's website but you can order it directly from the company for more money.

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:58 pm
we actually bought and returned the harmony defender a few months ago.

my almost 3yo DS who is average height (50%ile) tried it out and the tallest strap was just even with his shoulders... no room to grow since FF harness is supposed to be at or above the shoulders.

If your child is short then try it. Otherwise it seemed like a nice seat and was very narrow.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 8:13 pm
I'd definitely try the Defender 360 if you have a Walmart in the area you can easily return it to. It's the narrowest on the market and is really an excellent seat for an unbelievable price if it fits your child decently. The crotch strap BTW can be ordered in another length from the company so if the issue is with that (not like busydev's issue with the shoulder straps) it still may be doable.

If you are interested in looking at convertibles, try the Safety 1st Guide 65 which I was able to fit in a tight 3 across.

emama

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:50 pm
Email www.car-seat.org a nd ask them. They are very helpful.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:16 pm
The defender is only available to order directly from harmony (the company) right now, so if you don't want to deal with returning it you might want to try out the evenflo maestro. It's very lightweight, affordable, and has fairly high top harness slots.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 8:56 am
The Maestro is 19" wide which is on the narrow side, but there are several seats that wide.
The Defender is 17.5"
As is the Guide 65
The Radians are 17"

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:18 am
Radians definitely do not meet op's criteria Smile guide65 is a good option though.

teddyb

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:05 am
the guide 65 is a convertible and not a ff/booster combo correct? (thats what it sounds like on amazon.)

What about this seat?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....X0DER
im trying to see which dimension is the seat width....would that be 18.5? its cheaper then the defender which is out of stock for now anyway....

worse case I can send it back via amazon prime free returns if it doesnt fit. anyone have any experience with the Evenflo Chase?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:35 am
Yes, I do. It's really not that narrow (though it is narrower than the Nautilus). The limits on it are not great at all and there is very little padding and my kids were uncomfortable.

The Guide 65 is a convertible, yes, but I'm not sure it's that big a deal to get it. Buying a standalone booster is not that expensive when you're ready for it (and you can pass this one down)...you use it harnessed and when you need to spend $30 to get a high back booster which may be narrower than the combination seats on the market now, you will. Still cheaper than a Radian Wink

Anyway, many combination seats don't really fit well in booster mode...

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:44 am
The maestro is basically a longer lasting version of the chase.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 5:26 pm
FYI the harmony defender is back in stock at Walmart.com. You can find it by searching "harmony defender" on Google. It's a perfect seat for your needs and you can return it to Walmart if it doesn't work for whatever reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics