Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Any womens clothing stores in Flatbush help customers??

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 4:14 pm
Im new to Brooklyn, and need to update my wardrobe for Yom Tov. Im looking for a store in Flatbush that sells trendy womens Shabbos and weekday clothes at decent prices and actually has sales people that help you! I am not good at putting things together and I need a store that has people that can make suggestions and help match skirts and tops...

TIA

Ashrei

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 4:22 pm
I think Naomi at fashion island gives pretty good advice.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 4:30 pm
Zeldy's from Unique Boutique (the owner, I believe) is very helpful. She's very good at figuring out what will look good on you, what size, etc...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 4:35 pm
The salewoman at Fashion Island with the pretied bandana is great!

working hard

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 5:05 pm
I'll second Zeldy at Unique Bo.utique. She is great

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 5:08 pm
kb wrote:
Zeldy's from Unique Boutique (the owner, I believe) is very helpful. She's very good at figuring out what will look good on you, what size, etc...

I was just gonna post to recommend her! She takes one look at you and brings tons of things for you to try on.

forever21

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 5:31 pm
Put on your most expensive outfit, wear a fancy shaitel and anywhere you go they'll help you. If they think you have money or you really do have money theyre more likely to help you. Or go with your mother.
When I was engaged I went to a clothing store with my mother to buy a suit. The woman was very helpful and stayed with us the whole time. I went a few months later by myself and she barely approached me.
I'm not saying all stores are like this but many are.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:14 pm
Unique Boutique is definitely not like this.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:23 pm
fallon's place, it's a lady who has a store in her home and she has really nice with it stuff. She's very helpful. I have only gone when it was not too full though and it was just her working there, and she was helping me as well as the few other customers there at the time (And I didn't look like a rich woman!) I'm assuming she has helpers when it's crowded.

also- does unique boutique have trendy clothing? just from passing the window that's not the impression I get.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:27 pm
unique boutique has all sorts of stuff. You can't possibly find anything yourself - it's overwhelming as anything, there's tons of stuff and I can never figure out what's my size and what's what. But she definitely has more than just shabbos suits.

(More shabbos than weekday, but she does have both.)

How are Fallons Place's prices?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 6:33 pm
OP here. Someone told me Fallons has uniforms for seminary girls...what kind of clothing are they carrying THIS season?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:14 pm
Fallons does have seminary uniform skirts but not only that. They also have kids clothes. I think their prices were reasonable. at least for me.

you can also go to Junees. There's one on Ave J. I don't know how helpful they are though.
But if you want ideas of what to put together, follow them on their instagram page and they post tons of outfits they put together from clothes in their store.

I like a lot of their outfits.

Actually you don't even need to have instagram or to follow them. they are public so you can just google "junees instagram" and its probably the first link on the page. They have lots of pictures.
(I don't work for them btw, just like their clothing)

Fallons place also has instagram but I'm not sure if it's public or private.

good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:15 pm
I just realized that you said you were looking for yomtov clothing. Most of the pictures posted by junees are weekday. although they definiitely do have yomtov clothing there.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:34 am
anyone have a number for fallons? Thanks

Lizie22

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 6:10 am
I recommend Fashion Island as well, I was there last week when it was a mad house (and I was not at all dressed up) and the salespeople were so helpful.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 7:48 am
forever21 wrote:
Put on your most expensive outfit, wear a fancy shaitel and anywhere you go they'll help you. If they think you have money or you really do have money theyre more likely to help you. Or go with your mother.
When I was engaged I went to a clothing store with my mother to buy a suit. The woman was very helpful and stayed with us the whole time. I went a few months later by myself and she barely approached me.
I'm not saying all stores are like this but many are.

In general I find most stores in Brooklyn to be like this.

If you have money and look interested in buying a million things (as in 3 full outfits, skirts, shirts, belts, etc) they will drop everything for you. Or if you are their neighbors daughters niece.
Otherwise forget it.

That said I did find the ladies in Fashion Island to be extremely helpful (when they were helping me because I stuck my nose in their faces until they did).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics