Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Freezer Friendly Sandwiches

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:43 pm
What sandwiches freeze well? I would like to just take a loaf of bread and make a whole bunch of sandwiches and take out as needed.

Specifically, would a jelly sandwich freeze well?

Thanks!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 7:53 pm
I find that as long as your double wrap the sandwiches well and use them within 2 weeks they freeze and defrost very well.

Tuna
Cold cuts
Cream cheese
Sliced cheese

Jelly shoud be good too.
I wouldn't freeze egg.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 8:09 pm
What about grilled cheese? Peanut butter?

Any trick to defrosting?

Double wrap - can this mean putting each sandwich in its own ziplock bag and then all of them together in a big ziplock? Or does it need more thorough wrapping?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 8:16 pm
kb wrote:
What about grilled cheese? Peanut butter?

Any trick to defrosting?

Double wrap - can this mean putting each sandwich in its own ziplock bag and then all of them together in a big ziplock? Or does it need more thorough wrapping?
if you like grilled cheese cold I guess you can do that.
Peanut butter should be good.
The best way to defrost is to let sit at room temp until defrosted. I grab a sandwich to take with me and by the time lunch comes around its defrosted and really good.
Yes 2 ziploc bags. Use within 2 weeks. Of you can make new every week even better. But after two weeks it doesn't taste fresh anymore.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 8:18 pm
sandwiches are for my kids, ages 2 and 3. They eat anything cold (that they like!)

rachel6543

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:23 pm
Peanut butter (or other nut butters) and jelly sandwiches freeze really well, I do it all the time. Just put the peanut butter on both slices of the bread and the jelly in the middle. Wrap well and then store in a freezer zip lock bag. They last several weeks in the freezer just fine. I make a bunch sandwiches at one time and then freeze for my son and husband to take to work or school.

kb

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:24 pm
thanks!

I hate having to make lunch and snack after a long day. Was thinking it would be nice to just take a loaf of bread and just spread, spread, spread until I was finished the loaf.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 9:40 am
If you're using a whole loaf, you can even stack them back in the original loaf bag. I defrost the whole thing at once and don't find I need to individually wrap them because of how much we use a day (I have more lunches to pack daily than you), but you can try putting them in sandwich ziplocs and then back in the original loaf bag if it fits.

busydev

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:19 am
kb wrote:
thanks!

I hate having to make lunch and snack after a long day. Was thinking it would be nice to just take a loaf of bread and just spread, spread, spread until I was finished the loaf.

I like. think I will start doing this. also pre-bag the snacks for the week and grab a a snack bag and a sandwich and go. thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen