Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where are you from?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Emily Thorne

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:05 pm
Just curious. After reading a lot of different posts that seem so odd to me I.e. ''women smoking weed'' it made me curious as to where all these women are from and what type they are(chassidish, yeshivish, MO). I would like to understand different mentalities and different cultures. Not in a nosy way. Dont need to see your screen name, feel free to post anon
That being said, Im from Boro Park, and I''m chassidish (Satmar)

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:13 pm
I'm from a small out-of-town community and I was raised Litvish, but married an MO flippout who became out-of-the-box Chassidush. We basically fit into the Yeshivish community, but DH wears the Chassidush Levush.

That's me in a nutshell!

Emily Thorne

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:04 pm
bump

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:09 pm
I'm from the Planet Ork. Despite my disadvantaged background, I do not indulge in weed, alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs, megadoses of vitamins, People Magazine or daytime TV.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:11 pm
I'm originally Satmar, too. From Williamsburg. Now we live in Monsey, and we're not Satmar anymore.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:16 pm
Raised MO, moved "right" in college, went to sem, bought the package, married a Lkwd kollel guy. I did try weed in HS (it was around in my coed HS) and I don't think it did a/t for me.

(I didn't respond to that thread though)

Hatemywig

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:17 pm
Mum and Dad.

dimyona

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 11:30 pm
zaq wrote:
I'm from the Planet Ork. Despite my disadvantaged background, I do not indulge in weed, alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs, megadoses of vitamins, People Magazine or daytime TV.

All that extra blood flowing to your head while sitting in an Orkian fashion seems to be an asset to your posts Smile.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:26 am
Grew up in New Jersey and now live in a yishuv in Israel. I grew up and still am today MO.

gittelchana

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:42 am
sgmama wrote:
Just curious. After reading a lot of different posts that seem so odd to me I.e. ''women smoking weed'' it made me curious as to where all these women are from and what type they are(chassidish, yeshivish, MO). I would like to understand different mentalities and different cultures. Not in a nosy way. Dont need to see your screen name, feel free to post anon
That being said, Im from Boro Park, and I''m chassidish (Satmar)

I'm from a tipa srucha

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 3:02 am
Born in New Zealand grew up in Australia and Israel. Now living in Antwerp. Became BT at 15. Now litvesh.

rachel91

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:14 am
I was born in Russia, moved to Ukraine, then to Germany when I was 2,5. I grew up there, my mum and me became religious when I was 12, since there was no man around, we didn't affiliate with any group.

At 14 I moved to antwerp, Belgium. Still living there.
I married someone who is (more or less) chabad.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:36 am
Haight-Ashbury, moved to Bat Ayin.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:47 am
UK, born and still am Chabad. Now I live somewhere you may not have heard of with hardly any other frum Jews.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:56 am
Raisin wrote:
UK, born and still am Chabad. Now I live somewhere you may not have heard of with hardly any other frum Jews.

Sounds fascinating! Don't suppose you'd care to share where you live- at least what country it is?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:57 am
I live in Johannesburg South Africa. BT for many years. Now yeshivish lite.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 5:14 am
zaq wrote:

Is Ork anywhere near New 'Ork? Tongue Out

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 5:41 am
amother wrote:
Sounds fascinating! Don't suppose you'd care to share where you live- at least what country it is?

Raisinland, of course.

Dina_B613

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 2:51 am
Northern California... and yes, I've tried weed. But the first time I tried it I had an asthma attack, had to go to the hospital, and was grounded for a year by my parents. That was definitely one of my most nebbish moments;( I have always wanted to try pot brownies, though, maybe the next time I'm in Denver I'll find some kosher pot brownies.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 6:21 am
my family is MO but I went to a Bais Yaakov...

we are DL/MO and live in Maale Adumim...
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics