Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Shem Tov playgroup 59th Street

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 9:25 am
Does anyone have experience with this place?
I stopped by and it looked nice clean and inviting. Buses looked very good.
I would love to hear some reviews. Good and bad, bring it on Smile
TIA

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 9:28 am
Pro- I heard it's great (from someone who actually worked there.
Con- really expensive

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 9:37 am
I sent my kid to their other location. It's the only Playgroup in bp that I would trust.

They are amazing! They give 5 course meals for lunch and have only the best teachers. I didn't have even one complaint the entire year.

This is the fourth Playgroup I used for the kids and this is by far the best I ever experienced. They are expensive but the money goes for a very good cause.

I really don't trust playgroups because of the horror stories I heard and witnessed myself. This is the only place I trust 100 percent.

Good luck!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 9:48 am
My neighbor sends there.The teachers are very nice. The classrooms are clean and big. The kid was unhappy in other places. This ones shes thrilled in.

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 10:35 am
is this the one on 16 that has a few classes run by a Rebetzin Twersky? If yes its one of 2 places that all the therapists my son had agreed they would feel comfortable sending their own kid to. When I called they where mostly booked and preferred taking vouchers only. Without vouchers I think it was over $500 a month.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 10:44 am
Yeah. I payed $500 a month without transportation. No regrets!

They turned my baby into a man!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:07 pm
Yes, it is very costly but I am willing to shell it out for a place I trust. Like others, I have seen, heard and experienced too many horror stories.
The trouble is that their hours are 9-3 which would mean they would pick up and drop off my daughter around the same time and I that wouldn't leave me enough time to get to and from work. I am really disappointed.

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:20 pm
my kid ended up going to a center based special ed program, otherwise I would have probably sent there. The other place the therapists recommended is on 44th and 14 I think but no transportation.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:25 pm
bnm wrote:
my kid ended up going to a center based special ed program, otherwise I would have probably sent there. The other place the therapists recommended is on 44th and 14 I think but no transportation.

I would appreciate if you can get me the name and number of the other playgroup so I could check it out as well.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:25 pm
bnm wrote:

Could it be that you're referring to Orgel 's playgroup? On 46 between 13 & 14, directly across from Bais Yaakov. It's considered tops, and she doesn't have transportation, which is why it never worked for me. She does have extended hours.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:28 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Could it be that you're referring to Orgel 's playgroup? On 46 between 13 & 14, directly across from Bais Yaakov. It's considered tops, and she doesn't have transportation, which is why it never worked for me. She does have extended hours.

OK, I see you started a thread on Orgel, so you know about it. I think that's what the poster meant. Can't think of anything else in the neighborhood...

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 4:29 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

YES! name skipped my mind. Thats her. I also heard from people who worked there. It might work for Ra_mom if she works in the neighborhood.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:29 pm
Thanks so much all!
This is not that important, but just wondering if they serve breakfast?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:38 pm
Yes they do serve breakfast.

Their food is great! Instead of giving the kids junk for snack, they give yogurt or cut up watermelon or apples.

They really are amazing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics