Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Haifa

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 2:25 am
We are looking into different more affordable places to live in Israel. Does anybody have any information on the charedi/anglo community there? Is there such a thing? Any information is helpful.

Thank you!!

milkmilk

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 11:02 pm
Hi! I moved to Haifa for a short while (I got married and moved in with the Haifa'I husband) but we are moving to Jerusalem fairly soon. In my experience, the observant Jews within Haifa are not Anglos. There is the Garin Torani (groups of observant Jews that move to secular places in Israel to establish a shomer community, mostly Hardal/RW Dati Leumi though) in Hadar (halfway up the hill and is fairly Haredi to the eye), but I only met one member that spoke English. I think the dati community is interspersed and lives in Ahuza, near the Technion and Haifa University, and the suburb Kiryat Motskin (many Anglo families moved there recently). I can also tell you that the rent prices rise with the altitude :-(.

So, in short, it isn't so much a community, rather specks of dati-ness (all ranges) coloring all of Haifa and its surrounding areas. Hope this helps.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 6:26 am
I live in Haifa. I think the biggest anglo community is in Neve Shaanan. It's a dati leumi community.

The garin torani in Hadar has several English-speaking families, but is dati leumi, not hareidi. There is also a large hareidi neighborhood within Hadar, but I've only met one English speaking hareidi woman there.

Like milkmilk said there are also some dati families in Ahuza and near the university, but those are more expensive areas. Kiryat Shmuel has a large dati leumi community.

Do you mind sharing a bit more about what you're looking for? For example, will you be looking for work? In what field? Do you prefer a city?

For me if I think hareidi, anglo and cheap, I think of Tzfat. But Tzfat has fewer job opportunities. Also fewer universities, if that's relevant.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 9:48 am
We looked into kiryat shmuel. You can email me at chareidialiyah@gmail.com and I can share the info I got.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions