Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Mocha Buckwheat Crunch

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 3:00 am
I'm obsessed with this recipe since I had it at a friend's, but I don't know the bracha (http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2013/06/mocha-buckwheat-crunch-recipe-gluten.html). I really want to make it now, but since it's 2 a.m. here don't feel right calling a Rav. Does anyone know off the top of their head - Is it adamah (because the buckwheat is whole) or sh'ha'kol (because I'm eating it for the chocolate), and why?

Anon because my friend who makes it might be on imamother.

Mocha Buckwheat Crunch Recipe- Gluten Free, Vegan
Ingredients:
2 cups green/untoasted buckwheat (or chopped nuts or seeds if you want to make this grain free, but it'll also make it more expensive)
2 cups chocolate chips or other chocolate, like chocolate bars (ideally non dairy, but dairy is also ok, it just won't be vegan)
1/2 cup coconut oil or palm oil
1.5- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (other ground coffee probably also would work, but no promises)

Instructions:
1. First make sure that your buckwheat is green/light brown, and is raw, not kasha which is darker brown and toasted. On a previous recipe I posted that involved green buckwheat, someone posted that the recipe came out horribly- because she used kasha instead of untoasted buckwheat. So before we even begin with the recipe, make sure you actually have the right kind.

2. Heat up a pan with no oil, and add buckwheat. Mix regularly, for a few minutes, until lightly toasted and just beginning to brown. Taste them- they should have a nice crunch but not be too hard, kind of like chopped peanuts.

3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. By double boiler, I mean a heat proof container inside a large pot containing water, with the chocolate inside the inner container.

4. Add the oil and instant coffee to the chocolate and mix until uniform.

5. Add the chocolate mixture to the buckwheat, mix well, and pour onto a lined cookie tray or 8x13 pan.

6. Chill in the fridge or freezer until completely solid.

7. Break up into little pieces and eat. Or store in the fridge/freezer for further use.

http://www.pennilessparenting.......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions