Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
TEEN SKIPPING SCHOOL

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 9:35 am
A question probably for social workers here:
What LEGALLY can be done with a teenager who leaves the house as if going to school, but spends the day who knows where? This is an everyday situation. TIA

granolamom

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 9:46 am
probably depends on how old the teen is and what the legal mandatory age for school is in your area. I believe where I am, after age 16 or 17 there is no legal mandate to keep a child in school. so if a 17 yo is cutting out of senior year, there's nothing do be done legally.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 9:49 am
NYC, turning 15. Sad
I want to really, REALLY scare him with possible consequences. Please tell me there is something.
He just started a new school that he seemed to like. sigh

Fabulous

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:31 am
can you go to your local police station and ask them to have a truant officer pick him up? Maybe follow him as he leaves the house? I see truant officers all the time near my house because I live near a public high school and 7/11 LOL where all the kids go to skip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)