Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Quick schools/vaccines question

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 9:19 pm
no bashing please!

I'm a bit late for my daughter's 4 year old well visit. now that I'm going to bring her in, I figured I would wait for the office to get in their flu shots so I dont have to make another trip. However, just got a message from school nurse requesting a vaccine report faxed from dr office right away.
question is - if I call school and tell them she hasn't gotten her 4 year old shots yet, will they tell me not to come back till she does? do I have to make my life upside down to get her to the dr tomorrow, or could it wait till let's say sunday?
is this a BOE rule that the school has to comply with? (btw, I'm in lakewood). And I'm assuming all the non-vaccinators don't homeschool - right?
Not looking for a whole discussion - I'm always right on schedule with these things - just dropped the ball this time.

granolamom

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 9:32 pm
if you arent opposed to vaccinating, I would not go the route of filing for exemptions, which is what other non homeschooling non vax'ers do.
I was told that the schools must show evidence of compliance (that the students are all vaxed or have legal exemptions) to the BOE by a certain date or they face fines.
If you choose to send your child to school, you really should comply with their regulations, which generally includes a recent health form sent in before school starts (and up to date vaccinations). if there is a good reason that you cant have your child vaxed right now, you could try scheduling an appt with the ped and asking him to write a note that your child has an appt to receive the following shots on such and such day. I did that once because my kid was sick and the ped agreed that it wouldnt be prudent to vax while she was sick.

wtvr

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 10:07 pm
If you send them the current records, with a note from the dr. that you have an appointment scheduled (include the day) for xyz shots that she is missing, that should be okay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics