Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is everyone really a size 2
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

what size are you
 33%  [ 77 ]
 66%  [ 151 ]
Total Votes : 228

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:52 pm
somehow it always seems that everyone is sooo thin. I probably just look at the pple that are so thin and not the normal, average pple.

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 4:56 pm
I guess you do.

im not size 2. and even plenty of very thin people I know arent. its the tiny petite paper ones that are 2s or 0s

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
somehow it always seems that everyone is sooo thin. I probably just look at the pple that are so thin and not the normal, average pple.

im a size 0 or 2. but I dont see that when I look in the mirror

reportrmom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:12 pm
If some of us are a bit rounder, and larger than a size ten, are we not worth even giving a voice or a vote to?

I wish I was as thin as a size ten. Haven't been that in nearly 20 years.

mfb

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:13 pm
And I guess according to you there is noone greater than a size 10?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:15 pm
In my country the average women is a 10/12
Grew up OOT where the only Jewish shop was... plus size...

LOL are people going to throw up if I visit NY post partum or something LOL LOL

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:22 pm
OP, you left out the "1" ,,,,in front of the 2

actually , I think everyone is a size 14/16 because there are always 100's of size 2's on the rack and no 14s!

Yes, Im talking to you Marshalls and TJ max!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:31 pm
YES when I go shopping tons of 4s and under (those who even catter to under) left, more than 14s actually

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:33 pm
Yes, everyone really is a size two. Stores stock the other sizes for unknown reasons, and they are left with piles of merchandise in sizes 6 and up. They burn them all in a secret location after the season.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:36 pm
Actually, some shops don't sell higher then about a US size 12 or so. (Zara, some high fashion chains)

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:39 pm
and then there are some of us who are very thin who are tall and a size 12.

when I am a size 10 I am too thin and get lighter periods and my bra size shrinks.

supty

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:42 pm
I'm a size 4 but I'm very short so not really as thin as you might think. Yes, I'm slim, but I think I'm considered pretty average for my height.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:46 pm
reportrmom wrote:
If some of us are a bit rounder, and larger than a size ten, are we not worth even giving a voice or a vote to?

I wish I was as thin as a size ten. Haven't been that in nearly 20 years.

Check out my immediate reaction Very Happy

penguin

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:52 pm
OP. you can ask a mod to add some larger sizes if you care about the reactions of those over size 10 - that is, those of us you insulted as if we don't exist!

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:57 pm
I can also answer "none of the above" I get very frustrated shopping in the frum stores to find NOTHING in my size, or be told "it's cut small"--where are the clothes for me? When I was single I was a 10/12/14 but everything nice in the stores were 2/4/6/8. 2 kids later, I'm more like a 14/16--especially in the hips.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:18 pm
you are not going to get a real %, people lie about their clothing size to the detriment of everyone elses self esteem.

I do not mean to be snarky, obnoxious, or incendiary. it happens constantly in the media, the lying of sizes and weight. a "fat" pic of a celeb goes viral and said celeb goes on TV/radio/in a magazine, etc, and tells you it was just the angle, she's really just a size six. (even though you can see, just by looking at her, that there is no way that is true.)

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:25 pm
Then there is the whole issue of "size inflation."

My dd wears a size 2. Now I NEVER wore a size 2, but I was very slender in my teens and 20s, and was certain that we shared a pretty similar figure....

Well, I pulled out all my old size 7/8's (yeah, I kept them... a girl can dream, can't she?), and lo and behold! They fit her perfectly, just like her size 2's. What do you know.... Marketing at its best. Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:33 pm
OP, you're just as size-ist as everyone else. Why did you stop your poll at size 10? Because you wear a 10, because you can't fathom anything larger than 10, or because as far as you're concerned anyone over a size 10 is so gross nobody cares about them anyway? FYI the AVERAGE American woman is now a size 14. Also FYI regular sizes go all the way up to 20-something before you get to "Women's Sizes" that have a different numbering system. But you wouldn't know that because you likely shop at places like H&M or Forever 21, where they rarely stock anything in double digits.

sky

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:34 pm
Sometimes I feel that way. Recently I was in a store where the clothing is cut very narrow (they called in Junior sizing). Almost everyone in the dressing room was like "Can I have this in 0, 2", and then "Its all sold out in that size" or "The 0 will still look too large on you". And the girls weren't petite. Just very skinny.
I was getting embarrassed to ask for my size out loud.

BTW to be DLKZ the OP it is very common that the last option in a poll gets cut off because you forget to press the Add button. I'm guessing there was supposed to be another option. (or I could be wrong)

Last edited by sky on Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigsis144

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 6:34 pm
Wouldn't it be nice if women's clothing was sized like men's? My husband goes to Target or Kohls, and just has to look for the 42x30 pants. This isn't some fancy bespoke tailor! Maybe if you're exceptionally tall or thin or short or fat you'll have trouble, but for everyone in the middle of the bell curve, clothes come in easy increments.

And then my husband wonders why it takes me forever to go shopping... well, because who the frell knows what a size "Medium" or a size "10" actually is? Will it fit me in the bust? Will it fit me in the hips? Will it fit my waist but not my hips? I have to eyeball the shirt/dress/skirt, but also take a size up and down to the dressing room with me... and even then, who knows?!?!

So I say, size is just a number, and it's not even always the same number!
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics