Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which shirts will fit DD nicely? +where to buy for school

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:30 pm
Looking for basic comfortable T-shirts for preschooler. Classy type styles, not splashy neon bold words and stuff all over, though I'm not averse to cute designs or words. The problem is that DD has a long torso with just enough belly sticking out that shirts slide up. In the summer I have no problem, because shirts a size or so too big really fit fine, the sleeves are short anyway and I can usually find some that aren't too ridiculously wide. Now we have an issue - first of all it's getting colder, secondly for now it's not much problem but by next year she'll be expected to wear long sleeves most of the time (though she'll have a uniform in school so need fewer shirts) And the long sleeve shirts I have are either all much too big or showing way too much belly.

So, where can I find shirts that will look nice on this kind of body?

I should probably do more jumpers and dresses, but I do have some skirts and shirt+skirt outfits are so versatile. And dresses are hard too because the mainstream brands are all so SHORT and DD is narrow so buying bigger sizes really makes her look silly.

Please note I aim to spend under $5 per piece, maybe a little more for a dress that doesn't need a shirt. In the past this has been easy to do at Children's Place or Old Navy with sales and coupons, but Children's Place hasn't been fitting DD properly now and Old Navy I still need to check out but last I saw didn't look too promising either - also too short/wide.

momX4

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 5:54 am
Carter sells tunic style tops. They run longer than a regular t-shirt and I have seen frum kids wearing then with skirts, as apposed to pants. I dont think they are $5, but go to carters with a coupon and see what it adds up to. They just had a 50% sale and coupons were allowed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics