Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO store location - Williamsburg

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 2:27 am
1. I am pretty sure I once drove past a Shell Station in Williamsburg. Their website is down so I can't check location, Google only seems to know about the one deeper into Brooklyn somewhere. Can someone please tell me where to find it? I'll likely be in the area tomorrow.

2. Is there any less expensive place to shop in Williamsburg for clothes/accessories, for kids or self for yomtov? Or do Williamsburgers on a budget just spend eons sifting through the clearance at TJ Maxx like the rest of us? Just wondering what I can take care of while I'm there...

rdmom

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:54 am
Shell station is on wallabout street. Between lee and Bedford. As far as I remember.
As for clothing on a budget, I really don't know. I do all of my shopping in manhattan. Way cheaper that way.
Good luck.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 11:10 am
Thank you!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:10 pm
Depends what your budget is.

Central Childrens Wear on the same block (wallabout), Freunds Dry goods on Bedford avenue, and the Casual Place (outlet store on walworth but regular store on lee lynch) have medium-priced clothes. (IOW, cheaper than whoopies or Girandola). I donno what your budget is.

avimom

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:09 pm
Wow! I never knew casual place had an outlet store! Love Bickels on the corner of Lee about two blocks past Lynch.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 8:09 pm
I shop at shell station for shell for myself. I also have a shabbos shell for dd (15mo) and one nicer vochen outfit w a shell from there but ALL of her vochen outfits are much cheaper than the shells at shell station.
I cant afford Williamsburg/bp prices. I'd have to break the bank!

For dd I shop at marshals, tj max, macy (sale), lord and Taylor (sale), kids town (new store on Broadway) kids city (Broadway), shoppers world (Graham Ave), kids stop - they run in the $20-$35 maybe $40 range good quality brand name companies. I buy there on sale too (Graham Ave), Old navy, gap outlet, gap (sale), target, carters (sale) benetton (sale).

Basically all over. The trick is to buy when there are sales. I always buy a season or two in advance. Last week I matched a shirt at old navy for $8 for a cute little corduroy skirt I paid $7 for at benetton... I'm all done for the winter season and have at least 3-4 outfits for the summer and 3 spring fall for the season change....

The most I pay for everyday outfits are $20. I do have one beautiful everyday outfit that can pass for shabbos/yom tov bought on sale for $25 but generally her stuff costs between $8-9 and $14. Pjs no more than $12. Usually $5-7 on clearance from old navy/gap/carters.

For shabbos/yom tov I do buy at local stores usually on sale if I can. The real fine shabbos outfits are hard to find in the cheaper non Jewish stores. Although I've seen beautiful fine things at bloomingdales and lord and talor (on sale), they are around the same price as the local stores so I buy locally. (According to halacha, your supposed to buy from a Jew if price and quality/design is the same or at the same level (meaning you like it around the same...)

So here is my LOOONG answer. You can see I'm bored. I'm already done shipping. Kidding.

Oh and for myself, I go all over, some of the stores listed above, Saks off fifth, Talbots (sale) and Rainbow for bags and other accessories (on Graham Ave. They have beautiful bags/wallets/purses for $15-$40). Skirts I buy locally at s&w. And tops I pay maximum $40. I usually wear most tops with a shell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics