Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for Talmud Torah for 6th grade oleh

November

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:11 pm
Can you please recommend a charedi Talmud Torah in the Jerusalem area where the boys are spoken to and treated respectfully?

November

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:19 pm
Wondering why I posted this at 2:15am Israel time...

November

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:04 am
Bump

November

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:59 am
Can anyone recommend a warm, nurturing cheder/Talmud Torah for a boy in 6th grade? He is an oleh but is fluent in Hebrew.
Anyone?

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 3:36 am
November wrote:
Can you please recommend a charedi Talmud Torah in the Jerusalem area where the boys are spoken to and treated respectfully?

Is this such a rarity?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:15 am
Chassidic? Litvish? Heimish?

November

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:30 am
Litvish, I suppose. What does Heimish refer to?

November

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:45 am
DrMom wrote:
Is this such a rarity?

Unfortunately, DrMom, as look into this, I hear more and more things about Rebbeim slapping the boys, pinching, calling them names, etc. I'd like to hear from parents who've had good experiences in cheder in Jerusalem for their sons.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:04 am
I haven't really heard of Rebbes slapping kids in cheder....then again my boys have all gone to the same one, so perhaps theirs is an exception.

In Israel, Litvish and Chassidic/Heimish (usually) do not go to the same chadarim for various reasons: the nusach of davening, the idealogies, etc.

Heimish refers to those who might not wear chassidic garb, but are of a more chassidic hashkafa (minhagim, learning method, etc.).

I do know that Tchechenov (with a branch in Ezrat Torah and a larger one in Ramat Shlomo) - which is a small non-affiliated Chassidic cheder, does have many Litvish boys, (and also some Anglos), but they often transfer to Litvish chadarim a year or so before bar mitzvah.

A Litvish cheder, Hamesorah, (in Mekor Baruch) has a good reputation - and has a handful of Heimish (chassidic background) types as well. But it's a larger cheder, and a new boy might feel a bit lost.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:14 am
November wrote:
Unfortunately, DrMom, as look into this, I hear more and more things about Rebbeim slapping the boys, pinching, calling them names, etc. I'd like to hear from parents who've had good experiences in cheder in Jerusalem for their sons.

Eek! shock

salt

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:35 am
I have an excellent talmud Torah, in Romema. We are very happy with it. I have a son in 6th grade there. Kind, warm rabbanim, and professional management. I'm new to this site, I know you can answer in private messages. If you want you can message me for more details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics