Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken stir fry with vegies

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:08 pm
What are the steps to making stir fry? So far whenever I have made a chicken stir fry it is with my leftover chicken soup chicken so the chicken is already cooked and I add it in after I saute the vegies and then after I add the chicken I add the sauce.
What do you do when you make stir fry with raw chicken cutlet pieces? And when do you add the onions? The vegies? The sauce?
Thanks for your help!

dare2dream

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:13 pm
When I make my stir fry, I first sautee an onion, then I add my chicken (I coat the schnitzel pieces in flour so they don't get dried out and I sautee them with the carmelized onions until they're cooked. Then I add my vegetables and my sauce and then I let it simmer for a while until it's ready. I serve it over rice or spaghetti. Yum!!

kb

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:57 pm
Fresh and easy had a very good sir fry recipe. (She does chicken first, take out, and then do the rest. Add chicken back in at the end.)

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 11:25 pm
I usually brown (or white) the chicken pieces and then add in veggies and then sauce. A few specific recipes call for things to be done a little different so then I follow the directons

Tweedy

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:15 am
everonthego wrote:
When I make my stir fry, I first sautee an onion, then I add my chicken (I coat the schnitzel pieces in flour so they don't get dried out and I sautee them with the carmelized onions until they're cooked. Then I add my vegetables and my sauce and then I let it simmer for a while until it's ready. I serve it over rice or spaghetti. Yum!!

Could I have the recipe for the sauce please Smile hopefully it's no sugar....

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:45 am
Thanks all, I am going to try it for dinner tonight and see how it goes!

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 9:45 am
The vegetables get stir fried first. If the vegetable will wilt like brocoli, I only cook it partially. I take it out and set it aside until after I cook the chicken. I add seasoned chicken. To thicken the sauce at the end, I add cold water and cornstarch wisked in.

gmgv

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:59 pm
Can you plz post ideas/recipes for sauces??
Thanx!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey