Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Are they all so [eta: naturally] glamorous?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:36 pm
How come all singers, actors, actresses, dancers, etc look so beautiful/handsome/glamorous etc.? So many stars also double as models. Can you explain that please? I know makeup works wonders but can it make everyone into a ravenous beauty?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:44 pm
If you read women's magazines, I love how all the cover articles start, (insert celebrity name) walks into the restaurant, without a shred of makeup, in sweats and boots. NO PICTURES of that scene Wink

Here's the thing. It's a tradeoff. They have no life. They will probably spend an inordinate amount of time exercising, stick to a very strict diet, made easier by being able to hire good chefs and eat good food. But between you and me, I think I enjoy life more.

rachel91

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
How come all singers, actors, actresses, dancers, etc look so beautiful/handsome/glamorous etc.? So many stars also double as models. Can you explain that please? I know makeup works wonders but can it make everyone into a ravenous beauty?

Not all celebrities are super beautiful, but to answer your question, yes it can! Especially professional make up, applied by the best make up artists, it works wonders!!
Have you ever seen before-after contouring?
Or pictures of celebrities without make up?
Not to make anyone down, but most look average(which is not bad).

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:14 pm
Hope this helps

http://sfglobe.com/?id=903&.....w_903

rachel91

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:25 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
Hope this helps

I would really love to see how I would look with that amount of make up on! I don't even own foundation.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 3:38 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
Hope this helps

No. 11 looked better before.

rachel91

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 3:42 pm
sequoia wrote:
No. 11 looked better before.

I thought number 22 looked good without make up aswell!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:17 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
Hope this helps

I didn't study the pics as carefully as some of the posters but the ones I saw, don't look natural. I'm sure close up it's obvious.
I've actually read some fashion books, including one from a chashuv fashion editor who describes how to do a professional makeup job yourself. Frankly, I don't have that kind of time, forget about the space or $$.

rachel91

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:20 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I didn't study the pics as carefully as some of the posters but the ones I saw, don't look natural. I'm sure close up it's obvious.
I've actually read some fashion books, including one from a chashuv fashion editor who describes how to do a professional makeup job yourself. Frankly, I don't have that kind of time, forget about the space or $$.

Some make up, especially contouring gives the impression of Photoshop.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:41 pm
No, they aren't. Obviously some are blessed with superior bone structure, thick hair, long legs, clear skin and so on, but as Cindy Crawford once said :"Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford." Many people in the beauty biz (models and entertainers) have had things "done", whether it's orthodontia, plastic surgery, tooth-whitening, liposuction, hair coloring, botox or something else.Their looks are their parnassa, so spending several hours a day with a personal trainer or a weekly touch-up of their hair color is part of their job, same as having a top sewing machine and serger is important to a dressmaker.

After grooming their assets as much as possible, the stylists and makeup artists go to work on them. These are pros. If they can't make a garden gnome look like a classical Greek sculpture, they can make a gnome look like an average girl. And professional fashion fotogs have their truckload of tricks and effects as well. Lighting, shadow, filters, camera angles, not to mention airbrushing. NOBODY over the age of six months has the kind of skin you see in makeup ads.

There are "glamour photo studios" that will make you look like an actress. They make you up, do your hair, dress you, give you accessries and then use professional portrait techniques to make you look like an actor's head shot. You won't actually look like yourself, and no one will recognize you in the pic, but hey.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:41 pm
Ok, I know that people are always saying it's just Photoshop, lot's of makeup...etc but honestly, there are SO many beautiful people IRL. I am always scrutinizing (embarrassed) and see that there really is so much true beauty out there. Clear skin, beautiful hair, amazing bodies, smooth, clean bodies. Seriously. It makes me all the more insecure of my pimply, hairy body because I realize that I've been making myself feel better saying that it's all in the photoshop but I'm realizing that it's not so true.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:51 pm
Disclaimer everyone should be aware of. People who are prettier will do better and go further in the entertainment industry, just like more intelligent people will do better in engineering and science. Now, thanks to makeup, people who are not pretty can also do well in the entertainment business.

MrsDuby

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:53 pm
I apologize if this is repeating what somone else wrote... but no.

They have "glam squads"

Tyra Banks once did a show about it ... where she came out on stage (on her talk show) with NO makeup on and her REAL hair. She explained whst the Glam Squad does behind the scenes and how it takes HOURS to get a celerity camera ready. She also picked a random member of hte audience and re-created her to be glamorous ... it was an amazing transition... from hair extensions, to face (airbrushed), clothes, nails... its a lot!!!

thnk about Kim Kardashian for a minute .. (or not Wink -- when she does her reality show, she doesnt just wake up and then is on camera... she spends HOURS getting her hair and makeup done , and only then does she go on camera in her bathrobe, as if she just woke up !!! hahaha ... craziness.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:05 pm
So I can look like that too? I would love to see myself after the glam squad deals with me. I know about Glamour Shots photo studios but it's nothing like they describe, I read the reviews.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:45 pm
Amother 8:51: excellent point.
Why did you feel compelled to go amother?

octopus

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 7:28 pm
that face contouring really changes the way ppl's shape of face and nose look!

gittelchana

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:

It's not just make-up... It's like 7 hours of styling... Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:

"ravenous" beauty is right--they don't eat anything, the better to maintain that sleek silhouette. (You mean "raving" beauty. "ravenous" means very very very hungry. )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics