Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Washing Denim

RW

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:05 pm
I was just wondering what people's opinions are about washing denim. I recently bought my almost 5 year old daughter a denim skirt and I am afraid of washing it. I don't want it to get ruined or shrink. My husband is of the opinion that you never wash denim. My daughter has worn this skirt about a handful of times and I am scared to wash it. She hasn't gotten it dirty. Can I really get away with not washing the skirt (unless it gets horribly dirty)?

Fave

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:27 pm
Wash in cold gentle cycle. My opinion - a 5 year olds skirt should be washed after wearing it twice (atleast)

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 4:06 pm
Wash it but don't put it in the dryer. If it air dries really stiff, then you can soften it in the dryer on fluff (no heat).

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 4:12 pm
I wash sparingly. If it's dirty or smelly, or if we've been playing in sandboxes or such, or once in a while. I find that it generally washes pretty well, I get more fading from wear, though it also depends on the denim. Toddler's pants are all faded at the knees because she's hard on them, climbing, crawling, etc. 3-year-old's skirts are holding up fine, one was a slightly lighter color and softer material to begin with and has stayed the same, one was darker and hasn't been washed as much because it doesn't fit as well so she wears it less often, but it doesn't seem to have faded from washing and it was a hand-me-down so at least one, probably 2, possibly up to 3 or 4 kids had it before her (hard to tell, lol)

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 5:06 pm
Want to add the ones I have that seem to be washing well are Children's Place brand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics