Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Send a cake to yerushalayim
1  2  3  Next

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:30 pm
my daughter is going to be in israel on succos and her birthday is the first day yomtov I want to surprize her and send her a nice birthday cake I live in the usa. does anyone know of a reliable company that will send her to the place she will be? and they must have a known hechsher perhaps I can see a website. because the pp she is staying with will probably eat only badatz or rav landau type. I need a reputable company and if they speak english would be a plus doesnt have to. does anyone know or know someone they can ask? all recommendations appreciated. thanks it will mean alot to my daughter. shes turning 16.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 3:47 pm
I didnt mention that their food needs to have a hechsher not that the ingredients have a hechsher. otherwise it will not be eaten. for example if you buy a bakery cake in kaffs bakery then the bakery has a hechsher. I want to see the hechsher on their website otherwise I wont be able to buy

Shuly

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 3:59 pm
Try ordering a Brooklyn Bakery Cake from here:

http://www.shabboskodesh.com/b......html

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:02 pm
shuly-it would probably cost me more why should I?

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:07 pm
I just looked at their site they dont sell birthday cake! its not what I want but thanks anyway. I do like that they have the hechsher on their site though cause thats what I am looking for as far as hechsher wise

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:07 pm
please anyone?

Dev80

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:08 pm
Brooklyn Bakery is the name of a bakery in Yerushalyim, in Geulah I think. People often order from there for simchas and such, and the prices in that link look about what you'd pay over here and the hechsher is excellent. Such a nice idea for your daughter Smile

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:19 pm
but I dont see anything for birthdays there. how would I beable to order if they dont have that online?

Last edited by sourstix on Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

sunshine!

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:23 pm
http://www.onesmartcookie.8k.com/

http://chanisdelectables.blogspot.com/

kb

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:25 pm
Call them. I'm pretty sure that they can accomodate a birthday cake request. Brooklyn Bakery definitely does them!

You can also try calling Brooklyn Bakery directly, though I'm not sure if they deliver.
This is their number according to Google. (they definitely talk English!)
972-2-5380630

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:28 pm
sunshine-both of those websites dont have a hechsher but thanks anyway

Sanguine

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:28 pm
She does beautiful, really special stuff (not cheap). Her hechsher is from Rav Dov Aron, the Rav of Ginot Shomron. Take a look. You'll love her stuff http://www.holylandcakes.com/ And she delivers anywhere

Last edited by Sanguine on Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:29 pm
thanks kb-if brooklyn bakery has a website why wouldnt they deliver?[quote]

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:31 pm
sanguine I dont know that hechsher and also I dont see their hechsher there I am sending it to people that will not eat this hechsher sorry but thanks for your try

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 4:37 pm
sourstix wrote:
I just looked at their site they dont sell birthday cake! its not what I want but thanks anyway. I do like that they have the hechsher on their site though cause thats what I am looking for as far as hechsher wise

First, order a very, very nice cake, the best and most expensive they have. Then, contact customer service with the order number handy, or as part of your email, and ask how they can "birthday" it somehow for you, for a girl. Maybe they can put on number candles, or write the number 16 on it. Writing "Happy Birthday" in English may not be easy for them. But any "Mazel Tov" message would be a good start. Even if message cakes is not their thing, she will still know it was for her birthday. You might send flowers too, and there, one can put a message saying Happy 16th Birthday.

What a nice Mom. This will be a memory for a lifetime.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:08 pm
dolly welsh-thanks for your kind words theymean so much to me. I will call them and see what I can do

sunshine!

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:23 pm
sourstix wrote:
sunshine-both of those websites dont have a hechsher but thanks anyway

I ordered from both of them before and am pretty sure they are badatz. The onesmartcookie website is old, her new one is under construction. Definitely worth calling. They have enhanced many a simcha for us.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:31 pm
comon all israeli imamothers! please help me. the site shabbis kodesh doesnt have what I want. their cakes arei very very simple I want something that looks like a birthday cake. she also likes salty stuff. so maybe I should try something different. but what can it be? should I send her a necklace and send it via ups? not a bad idea. I want something she will remember. I dont wanto send expensive jewelry.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:32 pm
I want her to get it erev yomtov and with ups you cant garantee that. so my options are not ups unless I do overnight which can be expensive.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:37 pm
It's after midnight right now in Israel. People are probably sleeping. Why don't you call Brooklyn bakery directly in the morning? +972 2-538-0630
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics