Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Kids clothes for yom tov Jerusalem

Rainbows613

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:03 am
I need NICE (read:not Israeli looking) new outfits for my kids for yom tov but we're on a very low budget.. any suggestions where I can go?

ms5771

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:48 am
Olam habeged on kanfei has pretty good non-israeli looking clothes for good prices. When you go up najara, cross the street, in that little parking lot with the locksmith, right next to that photo shop.

salt

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:56 am
"Petrol Odafim", or "Leader". Or is that what you mean by "too Israeli"?

Rainbows613

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:15 am
ms5771 - I know where you mean -its a bus trip for me but maybe I'll go into Osher Ad at the same time Smile salt - I've been into Leader in Geula they have a mix of stuff.. but I think its mainly Israeli...

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:52 am
It's a matter of how you present it. I've gotten bazaar Strauss that were very nice, but you sometimes have to search.
Also decide if there's a type of Israeli that you like

ice coffee

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 8:11 am
Kidi chic has good stuff and it's pretty reasonably priced. There are branches all over.

ms5771

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 2:10 am
Oh and a lot of the americans and american-israelis shop at Party near the tachana... It's clothes from Next direct, but directly from the manufacturer. They're quite cheap but decent quality. The only problem is that they're cheap because the sizes on the clothes are incorrect, so you have to either try it on your kids or just guess to the best of your ability. I personally don't have time or patience for this, but I know others who do and come out with great clothes.

And speaking of next, a lot of people I know order from their website. Their prices can be pretty low on many of their items!

nameless

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:08 am
Where is party? I know near the Tachana Hamerkazit but near it where?

Rainbows613

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:35 am
ms5771- I've been to party- some of the stuff there is contemporary and some is very old and shabby looking.. and as you said it takes a while to comb through.

Nameless-it's between centre 1 and tachana.. closer to tachana..

LibbyV

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 6:13 am
אימפריית החסד (Imperiyat Hachesed) on Petach Tikva St. offers a very wide selection of styles. Yes, lots of the stuff is more "Israeli" style (=shiny polyester, unnecessary embellishments) - but I've found great stuff at fantastic prices there.

I find that I have more luck with kid separates (cute skirts, shells, cardigans) than with dresses. They also have a wide selection of boys' dress pants, knit sweater vests, and more.

You can also stock up on tights and socks. They don't have some of the fancier tights available in exclusive sock stores, and don't offer much in the way of trendy colors (grey, wine) - but whatever you'll decide to buy will probably be at the most competitive price possbile.

[Disclaimer: I don't own stock in the store, but I appreciate good prices. :-)]

I've had occasional luck at Bazaar Strauss, but they have a more limited selection of dressy clothes overall (and a wider range of tacky-looking clothing).

PARTY was mentioned by another poster (there's one of Yafo St. between King George and Davidka) - but I find that their clothes are mostly for very small/young girls.

ms5771

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 4:43 am
Rainbows613 wrote:
ms5771- I've been to party- some of the stuff there is contemporary and some is very old and shabby looking.. and as you said it takes a while to comb through.

Nameless-it's between centre 1 and tachana.. closer to tachana..

I hear ya! I would check out olam habeged then Smile

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 4:56 am
I've also found nice things for my girls at Famix in Geula. Hakol in One on Kanfei is also a great place to look, esp if you will be on Kanfei already. It's across from Olam Habegged, slightly further down. I've found nice things at Party. Kidichic has great stuff, but unless you catch a good sale, I find it too expensive.

ms5771

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 4:57 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I've also found nice things for my girls at Famix in Geula. Hakol in One on Kanfei is also a great place to look, esp if you will be on Kanfei already. It's across from Olam Habegged, slightly further down. I've found nice things at Party. Kidichic has great stuff, but unless you catch a good sale, I find it too expensive.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention hakol in one can have decent things too Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains