Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Really need a parenting mentor!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:42 am
I'm looking for a parenting mentor. Now the my dd is 4, I feel that parenting is more complex than it ever has been.
I'm not looking for a parenting class. I'm looking for someone I can call regarding specific situation, someone who will get to know me and my daughter and advise me based on their our individual situation and personality.
I'm not looking for a therapist either.
I'm sure there must be such a thing as a woman experienced in parenting matters who would be available to talk to me on occasion and mentor me.
Please help me find her!

Dev80

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 1:50 pm
Maybe this is what you're looking for?

http://www.getparenttools.com/

I've seen her advertised in Mishpacha and here in Israel, and it seems like is is a session by session kind of thing. Kol Hakavod for reaching out, I could definitely also use a parenting mentor but don't have the drive to initiate it right now.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 6:46 pm
thanks - that's a good idea.
I keep hearing about things like find yourself a woman who has lots of kids and experience and whose derech you find fits with yours and attach yourself to her. as in an informal arrangment.
But I don't know who or how to find her.
Does anyone have this for real? Any ideas how I can go about it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers