Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Best recipe- LOST!

Monsey Bubby

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:26 pm
I received a free booklet of yom tov recipes in the mail from a chesed organization last year and I made a wonderful recipe- it was a chicken roll stuffed with pastrami. When looking for the recipe this year I couldn't find the booklet anywhere. Does this ring a bell for anyone who may still have the booklet?(fyi I live in Monsey)

TIA

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:38 pm
Monsey Bubby wrote:
I received a free booklet of yom tov recipes in the mail from a chesed organization last year and I made a wonderful recipe- it was a chicken roll stuffed with pastrami. When looking for the recipe this year I couldn't find the booklet anywhere. Does this ring a bell for anyone who may still have the booklet?(fyi I live in Monsey)

TIA
Were they individual portion sizes of chicken roll ups stuffed with pastrami?
Or a chicken roast stuffed with pastrami?

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:17 pm
Ami had a chicken roast stuffed with pastrami one year. you stuffed it then rubbed on a spice mix and baked it.

UQT

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 7:51 pm
Jerusalem Glatt sells it already made if you stop in NY or Lakewood.

allrgymama

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 9:38 pm
I know a version of this and I do it with dark chicken cutlets.

Marinade chicken cutlets in Italian dressing (the oily kind, not the creamy kind). Marinade for at least 30 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray a pan with Pam (choose a pan big enough to hold all of the chicken, but small enough that the pieces will press against each other so that they stay rolled up).

Prepare a plate with bread crumbs.

Place a cutlet into the crumbs and press down (so that the bottom side is evenly coated). Lay a piece of pastrami on top. Roll up and place in the pan.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Does this sound like what you're looking for? I've seen version that say to skip a marinade and just coat in oil, too.

oymamala

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:56 pm
I make a heavenly pastrami roll up:
you take a pounded out cutlet, smear some duck sauce, place a slice of pastrami and roll it up.
then you take the whole roll and dip in eggs and then (flavored) cornflakes crumbs.
place all rolls into a baking pan.
mix together equal parts of honey, orange juice, oil and pour over all chicken rolls.
bake on 350* for 30-35 minutes.

Enjoy it! Its worth the work.
Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus