Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pls recommend a sippy cup for 25 month old

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 1:04 am
I've been using the zoli and lola cup weighted straw type sippy cups for my toddler (flexible straws with a weight at the bottom) for some time and the zoli suddenly got mouldy so I tossed them. The lola cup is ok but the straw is kind of wide and she likes to turn it upside down for fun.

She knows how to drink from a cup but I like to use a straw sippy so she can run around the house with it without spilling. I can leave it out for her and she drinks when she's ready (water). With a cup I have to watch her constantly not only from spilling occasionally while drinking but mostly spills when moving around or not realizing the cup always has to be upright. She still manages to spill from the straw with effort if she puts her mind to it.

For a 25 month old should I still be using a straw sippy or upgrade to a different kind ie more age appropriate?? And if so what brand do you recommend (if you have links that would be very helpful). If the answer is to go with a regular sippy ie no straw just opening how do I deal with the spilling issue?

TIA and shana tova!

Dev80

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:01 am
I like this kind, Playtex Spoutless Sippy Cup, it's like drinking for a real cup but has the sippy cup plastic so no spills!!

http://www.diapers.com/p/playt.....22217

http://www.diapers.com/p/playt....._2_im

I have the second kind, with a lid but they're the same idea. I never got the straw sippy cups for the cleaning reason you described.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 6:59 am
I just bought ds a camelback kids bottle from amazon and it's great. Doesn't leak at all and a nice straw cup. The rest of the family had the "grown up" ones and I didn't realize they also sold kids ones. Just a tip if you buy from amazon, click on all the pictures. Some were $12 and one was $38! No idea why but there was a different price for the different designs (maybe different sellers?).

I have twice had issues with the adult bottles and both times teh company sent a replacement part, no questions asked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics