Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Daughter's Birthday Party

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 9:44 am
My daughter's 5th birthday is coming up right before sukkos. Every year I throw her a party, usually the Sunday after sukkos. This year the Sunday after sukkos is the day right after a very long Yom Tov. I do not want to push her party off a week because the Sunday right after yom Tov is already almost 2 weeks after her actual birthday. Has anyone thrown a party directly after a very long Yom Tov? Am I crazy to try? Or is it really not that big of a deal?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 9:52 am
It's really not a big deal to push it off. Does she even know when her birthday is?

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 2:00 pm
It really depends on what you are doing for the party. If you are going to be serving a hot homemade lunch to 10 adults, that's obviously harder than buying pizza for 10 fiver year olds.

It would also make a difference if you have to work full time on Monday, otherwise you can push off a lot of the after Yom Tov jobs and just make sure the main areas of your house are clean and presentable.

For me the hardest part would be cleaning the house before the party and having piles of laundry that I would have to ignore for another day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers