Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying Spirit with kids

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:59 pm
anyone done it before? any warnings or tips? they say on their website that the seats are very small- will I be able to install an infant seat & convertible seat?

morah

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:17 pm
Dh and I flew Spirit all the time before we had kids. It was laughably terrible, but we rolled with it because hey, ya get what ya pay for and what's 3-4 hours of discomfort in the name of an otherwise nice vacation. But we decided even then that once there were kids, we weren't going to do that anymore. Flying with kids stinks, you need to arm yourselves accordingly. Also, Spirit charges extra for everything, including carry on, and I would not be surprised if they charge you for bringing the car seats. With all the extra stuff tacked on, you may not even come out ahead over an airline that will at least be a less miserable experience for the kids.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:25 pm
You have to check your car seats to see how wide they are and you can see the seat dimensions on the spirit site to compare. Car seats have to be installed at the window seat and you have to show them the sticker that says it is FAA approved when you board. I flew spirit with a couple of kids in car seats without a problem.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:28 pm
I'm the amother who just posted. They absolutely do not charge for car seats and they were very accommodating. The seats are not large and they don't give snacks, and of course you know that you have to pay for all luggage besides personal items, diaper bags, and food bags. Otherwise they're no worse than any other airline, and I've flown many with my kids.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 4:28 pm
so to clarify, we are already booked and my parents paid for our tickets so we didn't really get to choose the airline ;-)

just wanted to know what we're in for after reading some pretty terrible reviews ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics