Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Contractor good & reasonable brooklyn

FUNMOM88

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 8:41 pm
Anyone have a good general contractor in brooklyn that they were happy with ???

JDmommy

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:41 pm
FunMom88, do you still need this?

I live in Bpk. For almost a year, I went through some really bad experiences with contractors who took money, made promises, and stopped coming. BUT now, recently, boruch Hashem, I found a really great one. His name is James, a really honest and top notch GC, jbjrenovations@gmail.com, 917-217-6142. James is Italian American, 4th generation in the business, and his prices are very reasonable. In this business you usually do get what you pay for and sometimes it pays to spend a little more than the low-ball bid and not have huge headaches. James is a perfectionist and he runs his crew like troops in the military! The quality of the work is just unbelievable...no skimping on materials to save $ (most of them do this and the homeowner doesn't know), and the guys work overtime to finish the job.

FUNMOM88

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:55 pm
Thank u what work did he do for you?

JDmommy

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:14 am
He does both inside work and outside jobs. He did everything (demo, foundation, brick) for an extension to our house. He has a company and from what I understand, he handles the exterior jobs and his partner supervises the interior work. But I want you to understand that the construction fence they put up was one of the prettiest ones I have ever seen. The guy who was framing it was using a level!!! (To make sure it was perpendicular on a 90 degree angle). We lost so much time and money with the previous contractors that it was a joke. My husband and I called them the clown troop. I actually responded to a similar question so that the other mommies out there don't by any chance hire Bill, an Albanian guy who is probably a super and pretends to be a GC. He completely messed up our house and took so much money and delayed our renovation (showed up once or twice a week for a few hours). We had to rip out walls and redo them. Boruch Hashem Bill left! Anyway James is easy to work with and his guys actually work! I wish anyone that does any renovation (big or small) a lot of siyatta d'shmaya and hatzlucha!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics