Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
CALLING ALL CLEANERS!!

rachelle613

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 9:39 am
Are you overworked?

Are you fed up of cleaning homes of messy people and being called back the next week to clean it all again?

How are you feeling about all these cleaning threads?

Come here and share your feelings.

CLEANERS- LET'S UNITE!!

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 2:12 pm
love2live wrote:

Are you fed up of cleaning homes of messy people and being called back the next week to clean it all again?

Some people would call that "job security".

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 3:03 pm
My mom paid her way through college working as a cleaner/maid in a high class hotel.

Her mil asked her to stop after she got married as she felt it was demeaning for her dil to be doing that job, when my father was training as an accountant. So she took in laundry instead and worked from home!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 3:08 pm
I was a cleaner when I was in seminary. People gave me some of the most disgusting rooms to clean and I did it bec I needed the money. I was extremely responsible about it and if I was ever sick I would send a replacement. Now I'm a sahm mom with one baby and I have a cleaner once a week (when she actually decides to show up).

Eta: I told dh this when we were dating and I thought he would drop me bec his family is affluent but he actually gained respect for me. His dad told me that before he became wealthy he worked as the dishwasher in a restaurant.

I think it comes down to the 'class' discussion. Its not beneath your dignity if you do it with dignity. I didn't want to take money from my parents (who are broke). I thought it was respect worthy of me to do these jobs bec it meant I wasn't taking from my parents who couldn't afford to give.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 4:28 am
I also cleaned when I was in sem. My parents were horrified.
Now I have my own cleaning company and my parents are thrilled.
Oh, and about these cleaning threads all over- I think it's hilarious!

saw50st8

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 5:21 am
amother wrote:
I was a cleaner when I was in seminary. People gave me some of the most disgusting rooms to clean and I did it bec I needed the money. I was extremely responsible about it and if I was ever sick I would send a replacement. Now I'm a sahm mom with one baby and I have a cleaner once a week (when she actually decides to show up).

Eta: I told dh this when we were dating and I thought he would drop me bec his family is affluent but he actually gained respect for me. His dad told me that before he became wealthy he worked as the dishwasher in a restaurant.

I think it comes down to the 'class' discussion. Its not beneath your dignity if you do it with dignity. I didn't want to take money from my parents (who are broke). I thought it was respect worthy of me to do these jobs bec it meant I wasn't taking from my parents who couldn't afford to give.

This is very classy.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 5:52 am
amother wrote:

The world could learn a lot from you. I wish more people thought this way.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 6:46 am
I would be the worlds worst cleaner. No one would hire me.

ROFL

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
I also cleaned when I was in sem. My parents were horrified.
Now I have my own cleaning company and my parents are thrilled.
Oh, and about these cleaning threads all over- I think it's hilarious!

Are you located in NJ ?
I don't have a cleaner but need to think about getting one , I have three bathrooms and a nice size kitchen. How much do you think it will cost
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry