Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Please help me not ruin my meat this year
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 2:03 pm
Orange juice and onion soup mix. Interesting thought there.

Blue jay

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 2:55 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Orange juice and onion soup mix. Interesting thought there.

Yes, I use orange juice and onion powder on my roast chicken all the time. The chicken and meat do not taste like citrus at all. just a nice gravy!

mfb

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 3:35 pm
If you like sweet I can look up my recipe. I use deckel meat with a sauce of onion brown sugar ketchup and maybe soy sauce.

Tova

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 3:49 pm
I wanted a lean cut so bought a beautiful top of the rib with barely any fat that the butcher recommended. Now what do I do with it???

smss

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 3:53 pm
OP- I also used to ruin my meat even using good recipes till I learned the secret- cut against the grain. if you don't do that, even if you cooked it right it won't be soft. basically look for the direction the lines go on the meat and cut perpendicular to that- NOT parallel.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 4:16 pm
What is wrapped in tinfoil won't dry out.

gittelchana

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 6:25 pm
flmommy wrote:
I am horrible at cooking meat. Other then Yom tov I NEVER cook a roast or fleish other then chicken. On Yom tov I always make my mothers recipe for pot roast and it comes out horrible. I usually buy a silver tip roast. Can somebody who makes nice soft meat give me a not too complicated recipe please? I need to know what cut meat to buy as well. I don't care if I make it stove top or oven just that its soft and delicious. I know everyone is busy so thanks in advance.

You can buy any roast. I often buy the cheaper neck roast. The trick is to go low and slow and bake without liquid.

cbg

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 8:22 am
ima_dina084 wrote:
Leave meat at room temperature OVER NIGHT??? Surprised shock
That's horrible!!! That's not safe at all raw meat should not be left at room temperature at all ! Bacteria multiplies every like 20 minutes its out: It could make someone sick c"v !
I feel sick thinking about it Puke

I think you didn't read my post properly. I use the method x to know how long to cook it in the oven. My post said cook, leave to rest in the hot oven for 2hrs, and refrigerate covered overnight.

saw50st8

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 8:37 am
My trick is second cut brisket (like Barbara said!) or beef deckle and to cook it long and low. I put it in the oven covered tightly for about 4 hours on 275.

Brisket is super easy and hard to ruin. Here are a few quick recipes I do:

1) Sprinkle garlic powder, paprika, pepper, dried parsley on both sides. Put onion slices on top.

2) Pour tomato sauce over it

3) Pour barbeque sauce over it

Make sure its covered tightly so the moisture stays in. You can add vegetables like carrots, potatoes, celery or parsnips to it as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus