Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Maot Chitim Chicago

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:15 am
If anyone here is in Chicago and has been on the receiving end of maot chitim can you please give me an idea of what you were given. I really appreiciate it!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:25 am
I got it once a few years ago so dont remember exactly. it was for 2 people. we got carrots and celery. maybe eggs. think a bag of chicken. some canned stuff. grape juice I think. not sure about more. sorry.

(packers may also be able to tell you what they put in)

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:30 am
Thank you!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:37 am
do you only want to hear about Chicago?

I help pack shabbos boxes for an organization in the tristate area. Every week they get grape juice, challah, chicken, eggs, milk, onions, potatoes, cans.

The rest of the items vary from week to week. Sometimes corn, carrots, oranges, celery, apples, peaches, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple, melon, cereal, pasta, raisins, pretzels, deli, cake, peanut butter, etc

busydev

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
do you only want to hear about Chicago?

I help pack shabbos boxes for an organization in the tristate area. Every week they get grape juice, challah, chicken, eggs, milk, onions, potatoes, cans.

The rest of the items vary from week to week. Sometimes corn, carrots, oranges, celery, apples, peaches, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, pineapple, melon, cereal, pasta, raisins, pretzels, deli, cake, peanut butter, etc

presumably she lives in chicago and is getting a box from them for R"H and wants to know what to expect and what else she would have to get....
Hatzlocha OP

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 8:54 am
busydev wrote:
presumably she lives in chicago and is getting a box from them for R"H and wants to know what to expect and what else she would have to get....
Hatzlocha OP

Oh, Im so sorry op for your situation. I didnt think of that possibility.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 9:35 am
busydev wrote:
Hatzlocha OP

Yup. I don't want to spend the amount I do have just to have duplicates. Thanks everyone who answered. I wish it would not come Sunday when YT is wednesday night but we take what we can get and say thank you.

busydev

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Yup. I don't want to spend the amount I do have just to have duplicates. Thanks everyone who answered. I wish it would not come Sunday when YT is wednesday night but we take what we can get and say thank you.

maybe you can call and ask them what to expect?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 1:26 pm
IIRC it came with chicken, some vegetables, gefilte fish in a jar, eggs, challah, a dessert (probably honey cake) and other semi-random things. I think we got tea but that may have been for Pesach.

OP, have you called the Chicago Chesed Fund? They have a food pantry and give extra frozen foods for Yom Tov, much more than MC. If you qualify for Maot Chitim, you might qualify for CCF also. The pantry also includes non-edibles like diapers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics