Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
I need a Chessed. Any takers?
Previous  1  2

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 11:31 am
Thank you. I gave him my information, and he's trying to arrange a ride through Chessed of Wiliamsburg.

kollel wife

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 11:38 am
Do you live in Lakewood?
I have a son who is very part time in yeshiva, working a bit also.

I don't know if relevant any more, when it sounds like the taxi/bus might work, but I could see that he would drive someone, if you can cover the gas and tolls. I can't guarantee because teenagers are grumpy sometimes but still possible.

Even if it's not relevant now, maybe PM me, if you live in Lakewood and then we could exchange numbers for the future appointments etc.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 11:44 am
No. I live in NY. It's a much farther drive than Lakewood to Phillie.

shanie5

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 5:54 pm
There is also a great bikur cholim in philly. I dont have their number right now, but they may be able to help also.

the world's best mom

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 9:05 pm
I know. I have been in contact with them in the past. I doubt they would have someone to drive me home. I do plan to ask them for rides to and from the hospital when dd has her surgery and we are staying in Philadelphia for a few days, but a ride to NY is a different story.

shanie5

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 9:37 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I know. I have been in contact with them in the past. I doubt they would have someone to drive me home. I do plan to ask them for rides to and from the hospital when dd has her surgery and we are staying in Philadelphia for a few days, but a ride to NY is a different story.

Are you staying in the bikur cholim apartment? Its right near CHOP and University of Pennsylvania hospital-so you don't need rides.

And though they might not drive people to NY, they may have a way of finding people who are going in to NY and are wiling to help out. They are an amazing Bikur Cholim. And they will provide you with food if needed while at the hospital. The apartment is fully stocked too.

the world's best mom

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:16 pm
We stay in the Chai House, which is right next door to the Bikur Cholim apartment. However, we use Shriner's hospital, which is a 15-20 minute drive from there.

the world's best mom

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:30 pm
B"H we got two rides. Both round trip. I told one of them we don't need them. Chessed of Williamsburg will IY"H be sending a driver to take us both ways.

There are nice people in this religion of ours, you know? If you want to see it, check out themitzvahman.com. They have a short video explaining what they do and why. It's pretty amazing. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer us a 3rd ride. Mi K'Amcha Yisroel!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics