Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Am I REALLY the only one?!!??!
Previous  1  2

Do you care if the belt at your supermarket is dirty, wet, sticky etc?
I don't care. I just throw my stuff on.  
 10%  [ 14 ]
It bothers me. I hate to place my items into garbage.  
 89%  [ 120 ]
Total Votes : 134

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:

He said that in 6 years that he has been working there, I am the only one that has ever had an issue with a dirty belt.

I find this very hard to believe.
A lot like I found it hard to believe what another shop keeper once said to me: I was in a small kosher market, picked up a container of cottage cheese (or maybe it was cream cheese) and, like I always do, lifted the lid to make sure the plastic seal was in place. Through the clear plastic I saw a thick green layer of mold. I looked at the exp. date. Way passed. I brought this to the store owner's attention. He told me it's still good and I should just scrape it off. That's what all his other customers do. shock

Last edited by MiracleMama on Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:48 pm
I once spoke to a store manager about the fact that they put obviously frozen meat in their fridge section where it would partially defrost. they sold it as fresh. the manager was actually a nice guy, and he called the store's owner immediately. the owner said that this was "fine, don't change anything." that store went out of business a few months later...

rachelbg

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 1:12 pm
At my grocery store they keep paper towels and windex at their stations, and I've seen them clean up spills and things.

The only thing I find acceptable to be left on the conveyer belt is moisture from frozen packages, but even that makes me uncomfortable.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 1:15 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
I find this very hard to believe.
A lot like I found it hard to believe what another shop keeper once said to me: I was in a small kosher market, picked up a container of cottage cheese (or maybe it was cream cheese) and, like I always do, lifted the lid to make sure the plastic seal was in place. Through the clear plastic I saw a thick green layer of mold. I looked at the exp. date. Way passed. I brought this to the store owner's attention. He told me it's still good and I should just scrape it off. That's what all his other customers do. shock

ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME???!

I would have handed him a spoon and told him he should eat it!!!

Please tell you live in an alternate universe and not on our planet somewhere...
UGH!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics