Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Who replaces CZ's on sterling jewelry? Does it pay?

Mevater

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 9:41 pm
These pieces of jewelry arent expensive, and when the czs fall out, they look bad. Does it pay to replace the missing cz's, or does it cost almost as much as buying a new piece of jewelry? Im talking about the stuff I buy online, usually for under $50.

Who replaces CZs in Brooklyn or NYC reasonably?

TIA

zaq

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:20 pm
Any jeweler can do it, but it probably won't pay unless the item has great sentimental value for you. The labor is the same whether the item came from the Crown Jewels of England or a Cracker Jacks box, so you won't get a discount just because the jewelry is inexpensive.

bring it to your neighborhood jeweler and ask him what he thinks. If it's not worth fixing, a reputable jeweler will tell you so.

jflower

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 11:00 pm
I bought crystals in the bead center in manhattan & glued them in myself. Problem solved. I believe they are available online but it's much better to bring the piece along to a brick and mortar store so that you can match size and color. In the store I went to, there was a display case of all sizes/colors of crystals & the saleswoman picked out the ones that were a good match.

Michael's also carries bags of crystal beads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains