Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which stroller is best?

Abby2

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 4:36 pm
I am researching strollers. Can't really afford much right now but trying to find a gently used one.
I want to make an informed decision as our first stroller was a disaster.

What would you say is the best one out there. Have found great deals on the quinny, bugaboo and icandy. But I don't really know what to look for. What is light? What is usable in the snow? Easy to push?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 5:11 pm
How much snow? Quinny has a bad push, and icandy strollers are heavy. If you're more specific about what's important to you in a stroller I can give some suggestions Smile And btw I'm a huge fan of buying secondhand strollers in good condition to save a bundle and get a high quality stroller that would otherwise be out of budget.

asd3

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 5:37 pm
I love my uppababy. I got it on craigslist

ChaniH

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 5:42 pm
DO NOT GET THE BUGABOO! It's extreamly flimsy and not worth the money at all! I had a Quinny buz 3 and really liked it. But I would suggest the city mini if u have a small budget, it pushes great and is very in expensive

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 6:02 pm
Abby2 wrote:
I am researching strollers. Can't really afford much right now but trying to find a gently used one.

What would you say is the best one out there. Have found great deals on the quinny, bugaboo and icandy. But I don't really know what to look for. What is light? What is usable in the snow? Easy to push?

I'm also researching strollers for DIL.
Can you tell me which one was a disaster?
How about Britax is it good for Lakewood, and to bring it in and out of the car(not van) easily. If so which Britax do you suggest, this is their first child.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 6:15 pm
cbg wrote:
I'm also researching strollers for DIL.
Can you tell me which one was a disaster?
How about Britax is it good for Lakewood, and to bring it in and out of the car(not van) easily. If so which Britax do you suggest, this is their first child.

The britax b agile is a nice lightweight low budget stroller that works well for in and out of the car. It is almost identical to the baby jogger citi mini so they should try out both and see what their personal preference is.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 6:16 pm
Abby2 wrote:

For snow the mountain buggy is good. Not cheap but like you said you can try to find one second hand. They have a neat compact version.

Abby2

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 2:52 am
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm looking for a light weight stroller, easy to to get in and out of a standard car.

Easy to push for long distances.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 4:44 am
I'm onto my second babyjogger, I love it so much. Its really great for in and out of the car. Push is great. Nice hood. Only flaw is that it wears out pretty quickly, (mostly the fabric, frame seems fine) but they are not that expensive.

I've seen good deals for last years model.

You can get clips to fit a maxi cosi car seat to it.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 8:00 am
Citi mini gt sounds like a good choice. You can get a better price on 2013 model (which is not different from 2014 AFAIK besides color) http://m.albeebaby.com/baby-jo......html

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 8:13 am
I am a big fan of mclaren strollers .... though I dont think they would push well in a few inches of snow. It's the easiest stroller to push and so lightweight. I made a huge mistake and thought I was saving money when I bought a similar model from inglesena. I hate the inglesena. It doesn't push like a mclaren.

gande

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 8:21 am
You should look at the bugaboo bee. Its the lightest to push and fold compact. They are very popular now for a good reason. Mine is 5 years old and still going strong.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 8:45 am
Bee is great but it will be a disaster in snow.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 9:49 am
Abby2 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm looking for a light weight stroller, easy to to get in and out of a standard car.

Easy to push for long distances.

I think britax b-agile or city mini....if you want one good reliable stroller...

certainly that class of stroller -- any heavier, is really too heavy, these are not so light/easy in and out of the car but its manageable...

if you go any lighter, I think you sacrifice on how well it pushes...

and if you go heavier, you will likely purchase another lightweight stroller later on....because the weight and bulk will get to you..

cbg

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 1:02 pm
Is the b-agile a double stroller? Should a first time mom get a double stroller, also how important is it to get a bassinet.

Is this a good stroller for Lakewood weather.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 1:12 pm
cbg wrote:
Is the b-agile a double stroller? Should a first time mom get a double stroller, also how important is it to get a bassinet.

Is this a good stroller for Lakewood weather.

B agile comes in single and double versions. I personally would not buy a double stroller for someone who has one child. There are strollers that convert from single to double but they are heavier, so not as practical if she will be lifting in and out of the trunk often.

Lightweight strollers and strollers that work well in snow are pretty much mutually exclusive. A nice compromise in the citi mini gt that I mentioned above, which folds very easily and is fairly lightweight but has larger foam filled tires.

A bassinet is nice but not absolutely necessary if the stroller lies almost flat.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 1:36 pm
I love my phil and ted. Love love love

dlj

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 1:48 pm
~I think the key is to work out what your priorities are. Be warned that new stroller comes out every couple of months and you might see one that you think would have suited you better....it is inevitable.

I always direct people to www.bestbuggy.co.uk - she does fantastic reviews, side by side comparisons of different strollers and it is very detailed.

Edited to add - I have a Baby Jogger City Elite - nice big tires, huge comfy seat, good basket (although access not great), easy one hand fold, adjustable handlebar - DH way taller than me. However, if the Baby Jogger City Mini GT would have existed at the time, I'm sure that would have won as it is significantly lighter. We don't have a car so don't schlep stroller in and out of a car much but the BJCE is far from light!

Tiredmom7

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 10:45 pm
I love my Uppa baby. It is bulky but it pushes itself ,has a huge basket and is still comfortable for an older child
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics