Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby is too mobile!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 7:49 am
My 12 month old has been walking since 9 months. My older children were late walkers (like 15-16 months). And the baby is into everything, and driving everyone crazy. He shrieks his head off at any sort of confinement- stroller, car seat, high chair, play yard. He will walk up to siblings and grab food from them and spill their drinks. He knocks over their towers, bust up their train tracks, and I can't get him to take an interest in his own toys. The siblings are young enough that they sometimes hit him or push him away when he gets into their stuff, and honestly, I can't blame them, so I'll just shout "hey, no hitting", without really enforcing any consequences. Also, the baby is a terrible sleeper, so I'm sleep deprived and he's so physically exhausting. I'm starting to resent him :-(

suzyq

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:36 am
Sad

My baby was also an early walker and gets into everything. And he hates being confined. Luckily, he also sleeps ok and has a very nice disposition. Are there toys/things that really grab his attention? Keeping him busy is probably your best defense. And I have my older son play with his toys behind a closed door - that way the baby can't bother him.

Good luck!!!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:39 am
I know its going to sound strange but I feel the same way about my 6 MO. He's soooo energetic- I put him down for a second, he gets everywhere somehow and ruins his brother's lego towers or whatever. It's insane. I can't leave him alone on the floor or the swing or anything for a minute because he tries to pull himself out and has almost managed or managed to do it a few times.
I'm going to follow this thread ...

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:55 am
OP maybe see if you can send him to a babysitter for an hour or two of his awake time if you need it for your sanity (if you are really resenting him)

teach your kids that games he can ruin must be played behind closed doors or on a table out of reach (tho my 12mo is getting pretty close to figuring out how to climb up a chair that little monkey- b"h my chairs at home are high)

hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics