Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
10 month old baby screams most of the day

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 12:38 pm
Hi,

My 10 month old has been incredibly clingy since birth. She screams whenever she is put on the floor or if I give her to someone else to hold. If I am not holding her all day she will be screaming.

It's not separation anxiety as like I said, this has been going on for many months now.

I literally can't hold her all day, I have other small kids and things to do!

It's heartbreaking to hear her cry so much and we are all going crazy.

What am I supposed to do? None of my other kids acted this way so I just don't know how to deal with it.

She is progressing nicely in all other areas - almost walking, babbling etc.

Please help me!

small bean

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 2:31 pm
Hey, I'm in the same boat... My son screams all day and night unless I'm holding him (sometimes, it's okay if my husband holds him)

Mine also is completely up to par (or advanced) in all areas...

Is she gaining nicely? Mine is not, he was born 8"2 and is now about 13lbs...

We can't figure out why he cries (and no he wasn't vaccinated until 9 mo or ever on antibiotics...)

He happens to have an allergy to eggs and dairy, but never had a skin reaction, I haven't ate it since he was born.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 2:35 pm
small bean wrote:
Hey, I'm in the same boat... My son screams all day and night unless I'm holding him (sometimes, it's okay if my husband holds him)

Mine also is completely up to par (or advanced) in all areas...

Is she gaining nicely? Mine is not, he was born 8"2 and is now about 13lbs...

We can't figure out why he cries (and no he wasn't vaccinated until 9 mo or ever on antibiotics...)

He happens to have an allergy to eggs and dairy, but never had a skin reaction, I haven't ate it since he was born.

Did you have him tested for other allergies or GI stuff?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 2:45 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,

My 10 month old has been incredibly clingy since birth. She screams whenever she is put on the floor or if I give her to someone else to hold. If I am not holding her all day she will be screaming.

It's not separation anxiety as like I said, this has been going on for many months now.

I literally can't hold her all day, I have other small kids and things to do!

It's heartbreaking to hear her cry so much and we are all going crazy.

What am I supposed to do? None of my other kids acted this way so I just don't know how to deal with it.

She is progressing nicely in all other areas - almost walking, babbling etc.

Please help me!

My first one was that way and I didn't know better... I got the book the high need baby by dr Sears. It was a big help. Some babies are just that way. Can you get a snugly? Can the big kids hold her in turns. Even the little kids can hold her on the floor maybe or sitting on a rocking chair. The swing was a lifesaver and the snugly. I just couldn't let her cry. Now she is 18 very sociable independent and very smart.

small bean

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 4:38 pm
[quote="MaBelleVie"]Did you have him tested for other allergies or GI stuff?[/quote]

He was tested for other allergies - all neg

GI did blood work and an xray of the intestine -which came out clear
We did not scope as we don't have reason to believe we will find anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics