Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you think this came across rude?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 5:54 am
I am at university and I had to inform this teacher that I will miss some very important sessions on Thursday and Friday. She replied saying
"thank you for letting me know. I wonder if it would be a good idea to meet and identify the other days next week that you will be away so that we can accommodate these"

I replied saying Dear Dr....
Thank you very much for your email. That is fine, I will not be missing any days next week, however I am happy to meet you on (this day) to reschedule a convenient time to do the hand washing assessment".

Was that ok?

invisiblecircus

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 5:56 am
Yes.

Dina_B613

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 6:12 am
No

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:10 am
I don't understand. What do you mean by "handwashing assessment"?

freidasima

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:12 am
but maybe she meant the week after, sukkos?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:52 am
If you're going to miss classes on Sukkos, she needs to know. If not, you're OK.

cbg

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 8:35 am
May I suggest you get a letter from your Rabbi, just in case.
People know about RH and YK, but when 4 more days come, because of Sukkot, they may not be soaccomodating

Nomad

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 8:45 am
As a former professor, this email looks good to me. You say thank you and acknowledge her response and are taking responsibility. Should you have been more exuberantly thankful? Nah. You can do that when you meet with her anyway...

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 9:01 am
I am the op, thanks for your replies. basically she wasn't annoyed I was missing the sessions it's just she is an old lady and she got confused with the dates as she was trying to reschedule a date for me to meet with her to reschedule the hand washing assessment, and I just felt bad that I was confusing her even though she wrote October by mistake when she meant this monday she says. Anyway she just sent this email saying please can I ring you and then she called me and just said she is so sorry, she got the date wrong, can I come on monday and told me to go on the website and fill out an absence form saying that she authorised me to join a catch up session and so that I don't get charged a fine for missing the session.
I am on a nursing degree and she is this sweet old lady called Anne who runs the course at the university and is doing the hand washing assessments tomorrow so I had to tell her I won't be there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette