Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Cheder - Vien, Munkatch or Imrei Shefer
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
It's the best thing that could've happened that parents who want their kids in decent school Chassidic or not have these rules to comply with-the way things were heading with fashion and lifestyles so out of hand and now with all these restrictions to get into the schools saved the day
im sorry, but even though I've been following this thread, I have no idea what it is you're referring to. Please clarify.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
It's the best thing that could've happened that parents who want their kids in decent school Chassidic or not have these rules to comply with-the way things were heading with fashion and lifestyles so out of hand and now with all these restrictions to get into the schools saved the day

OK here is a quick story; my son came back from playing at the neighbor, my neighbor send her son to a real chasidishe cheder in Monsey, who does the selection of the pure & holy kids, (the selection that Dr. Mengele would be proud of, that after 75 years we know how to do it on our own Jewish nation). Only the purest of the purest families are acceptable, my son asked me; how come there is only 1 large bed in the neighbors master bedroom. Good question my son

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
OK here is a quick story; my son came back from playing at the neighbor, my neighbor send her son to a real chasidishe cheder in Monsey, who does the selection of the pure & holy kids, (the selection that Dr. Mengele would be proud of, that after 75 years we know how to do it on our own Jewish nation). Only the purest of the purest families are acceptable, my son asked me; how come there is only 1 large bed in the neighbors master bedroom. Good question my son

Scratching Head OK and...

joy613

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:

What is the problem?
There are so many explanations for that.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:53 pm
I'm not trying to say push these kids that their families don't comply with the chassidishe mosdos out-I was trying to say that the standards set by the schools have made an Awareness that you just can't do and look all out and be accepted

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:54 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Scratching Head OK and...

Poor father sleeping on floor

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:

Actually, it is not a good question. It is a horrible intrusive question. You and your son should both MYOB about the sleeping arrangements of someone nice enough to invite your child into their home. It is disgusting that you praise him for this.

It is possible that they move the beds together when permitted.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:01 pm
do what's good for you. Send to a school with normal rules that you are OK with. Doesn't matter if it has a bummy, ex chasid, litvish whatever reputation. Your parents will get over it. So will the nosy neighbors. So sad that the community labels anyone who is choosing a different path as "bummy" even though they are likely keeping as many halachos as you are.

זאלסט לעבן און לאכען (live and laugh)
Live your life according to your moral compass, smile politely when people look down their noses at you or criticize you, and laugh at how happy you are and how miserable they are.

monseychick

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:

Maybe like us, they have a very comfortable queen sized bed in the master bedroom, and the husband sleeps on a bed in another room during nidda weeks..

Stayci

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:34 pm
This discussion seems unhelpful. The non chassidish posters will have a hard time understanding the little nuances and expressions that the chassidish locals have, and the chassidish posters often have a limited understanding how the world runs just right outside their bubble. The chassidish posters who are trying to find better alternatives for their children-within their lifestyle range- are left without support or help from either side.

My opinion:

Rules for parents are unnecessary!
Lots of rules for students, safety aside, is unnecessary!
Going to a school with only like-minded people is unnecessary!

Being a good, understanding, open-minded, educated, and flexible parent is necessary.
Imrei Shefer seems to be the place the OP might be most comfortable.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:00 pm
Anyone sending to any of the above mentioned places, can you tell me what the tuition is? Is it true that a Cheder with a Chassidus will be cheaper than a neutral one?

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone sending to any of the above mentioned places, can you tell me what the tuition is? Is it true that a Cheder with a Chassidus will be cheaper than a neutral one?

Yes its true.
We pay in Munkatch about $425 or so, and I know imrei Shefer is more than that. I think the Chassidusen are significantly cheaper, even going down to $200 or so.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:05 pm
Maya wrote:
Yes its true.
We pay in Munkatch about $425 or so, and I know imrei Shefer is more than that. I think the Chassidusen are significantly cheaper, even going down to $200 or so.

Now this complicates things even more. Send to a cheder that's a better choice, but be stripped financially, or pay less and send someplace that's not a great fit...?

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Now this complicates things even more. Send to a cheder that's a better choice, but be stripped financially, or pay less and send someplace that's not a great fit...?

In my mind, there is no doubt about which is preferable. But I know not everyone shares that.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:09 pm
Maya wrote:
In my mind, there is no doubt about which is preferable. But I know not everyone shares that.

I'll give a guess - the one that's a better fit. I believe that's the right choice, but that leaves me wondering - how do people afford it??

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
I'll give a guess - the one that's a better fit. I believe that's the right choice, but that leaves me wondering - how do people afford it??

Or do people just not pay?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:

My DS's yeshiva ( none that you are considering) charges about $8,000 for tuition. I dont pay that amount. We fill out a booklet regarding our finances and BH we pay what we can afford.

Another way to keep the cost down, I dont buy lunch. I am not eligible for free lunch.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
My DS's yeshiva ( none that you are considering) charges about $8,000 for tuition. I dont pay that amount. We fill out a booklet regarding our finances and BH we pay what we can afford.

Another way to keep the cost down, I dont buy lunch. I am not eligible for free lunch.

I don't feel right asking a school to accept my kids when I know I can't pay in full... Isn't it gneivas daas? They'll be losing out on other kids they won't accept because our kids filled their spaces...

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:17 pm
It is my understanding that the schools expect this and are usually open for arrangements of less pay or something.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:20 pm
Maya wrote:
It is my understanding that the schools expect this and are usually open for arrangements of less pay or something.

And you think this won't affect the chances of being accepted?
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics