Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for an affordable English speaking yishuv...

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:25 am
I Will be returning to Israel in December and my dream place to live would be a place where my kids can still communicate in English with new friends while they strengthen their Hebrew, a place not too close to Arabs, a place where I will be able to own a villa for any where from 800,000 to 1,200,000 and a place that's close to Kiryat Malachi/Yad Binyamin. For those that are more familiar with Israel, does a place like this actually exist or should I keep dreaming? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:27 am
amother wrote:
I Will be returning to Israel in December and my dream place to live would be a place where my kids can still communicate in English with new friends while they strengthen their Hebrew, a place not too close to Arabs, a place where I will be able to own a villa for any where from 800,000 to 1,200,000 and a place that's close to Kiryat Malachi/Yad Binyamin. For those that are more familiar with Israel, does a place like this actually exist or should I keep dreaming? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
when you say a villa, what do you mean? My sister owns a home sort of near kiryat gat that was in that price range, but no anglos in that yishuv and its not a villa, but a small starter home with three bedrooms with the possibility of adding on a second floor.

What do you mean by villa? How large or how many rooms? And the more centrally Israeli you get the more expensive you get. I think you are dreaming with a price tag in that range and anglos as well.

etky

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:07 am
amother wrote:

Which Arabs are you referring to? West Bank Palestinians, Gazans, Lebanese, Syrians, Israeli Arabs? And what does 'close' mean? Stone throwing range, rocket range, mini-uav range etc? .There are few places in this country that are 'not close to the Arabs' in one way or another.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:21 am
I apologize for my lack of clarity, Im speaking of Gazans, rock throwers, or any Arabs that are close enough to cause harm to my family. I guess the rockets can reach almost everywhere now, so that can be excluded. A friend of mine lives in Hashmonaim and that is too close for comfort for me. I know everyone feels safe there, but with the terrorist tunnel situation, Im not at ease with being such close neighbors with Arabs. I do understand that not all Arabs are terrorists and forgive me if I sound so stereotypical but Im a drop paranoid about them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:27 am
then probably most yishuvim in israel wont work for you.
sorry to be so blunt. Most yishuvim are over the green line and therefore are near(ish) to arabs. Thats just the way it is.

also what size house are you really talkingabout?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 12:09 am
Im looking for A villa with at least 3 bedrooms and a nice little patch of earth where I can plant a couple of fruit trees and plant some vegetables and some running space for my little ones :-)

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:17 am
amother wrote:

What currency?

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:38 am
It sounds like Katzrin would be a good fit for you, except for the "near Yad Binyamin" part of course...

How close to there do you want to be? Obviously not Golan close, but like, within 50 kilometers? 100?

If you have to compromise, would you rather be a bit further away, or have fewer English speakers?

chani8

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:40 am
Have you checked out Yad2 to try to find an area with those prices?

Also, there is the Or Movement website that lists moshavim.

I highly recommend that you go in by renting in a place first, rather than buying right away, so that you're more sure if that's the place you really want to own in.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 4:20 am
I don't think you will find a majority-English-speaking place that fits your criteria. This is a country with its own language and it ain't English!

Beit Gamliel is not too far away, and has some English-speakers (although it's not an exclusively English-speaking moshav).

Another question: What sort of religious community are you looking for?

Sanguine

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 4:24 am
Why close to Kiryat Malachi? (they got a lot of rockets). Are you DL? You didn't say what hashkafa you want.

hila

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 5:28 am
You may want to look at Meitar or Omer . Plenty of English speakers (more in Omer I think)

I am not sure about the schools though. You may have to send to Beersheva for the schools. But they are both on the PC side of the green line and commutable to Yad Binyamin/ K Malachi

chani8

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:20 am
hila wrote:
You may want to look at Meitar or Omer . Plenty of English speakers (more in Omer I think)

I am not sure about the schools though. You may have to send to Beersheva for the schools. But they are both on the PC side of the green line and commutable to Yad Binyamin/ K Malachi

There seem to be a lot of english speakers in Meitar. I didn't know that about Omer.

However the commute north on 40 can be grisly if it's at normal rush hours.

There are 3 english speaking kids in kita bet in Yeruham. Wink It would take an hour to get to Yad Benyamin, non-rush hour.

hila

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:29 am
Meitar does not have a lot of very frum families. Most datiim there are DL- lite.

I am not sure of the age of the families that are frum. But I can get a phone number of one such family. Unfortunately not English speakers.

I do not know people in Omer, but I can find out (my brother lives in Meitar)

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:31 am
hila wrote:
Meitar does not have a lot of very frum families. Most datiim there are DL- lite.

I am not sure of the age of the families that are frum. But I can get a phone number of one such family. Unfortunately not English speakers.

I do not know people in Omer, but I can find out (my brother lives in Meitar)
So funny hila. I also know frum families in meitar and they are not DL lite, but proper frum DL. And english speakers too.
Funny how people know the people that they know and thats all they think the community is. I always thought meitar was a strong religious community. It must be more mixed than I thought.

hila

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:34 am
Maybe I am wrong. There is one main shul, and I did not get that impression. But I have not been there for a while. Let's just say that my brother does not belong there. (there is a conservative/reform group in Meitar too)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions