Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Neighbors kids dont wax or shave
Previous  1  2  3

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 5:55 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
nope. I was reading tween magazines since 13.

Cosmo is a tween magazine?

yogabird

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 5:58 pm
amother wrote:
You can see the hairs through their tights
and hair on their upper lip and eyebrows.
Wwyd tell the mother or kid or leave it be

I think it depends on if the mother has a history of being neglectful or clueless in general or not.

If this is just another instance in which the children are not being cared for properly and this will hurt them socially, I'd find a way to try and help them.

If the mom is generally on top of things, I'd assume she's perfectly aware and leave it up to her discretion.

sequoia

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:00 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

Yep. Actually these days it's far too naive for the 10-13-year-old smart set.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:01 pm
I never imagined that a lady could be bothered by a hairy child! This is weird. My mother let me remove hair (and put makeup) when I was 17. That was 10 years ago. I grew up with the idea that hair removal and makeup were for adults only. Many girls removed hair long before that age, but I thought it was like not dressing tznius.
Now I don't remove hair anymore except eyebrows and moustache. I am very hairy with thick dark hairs. I guess many amothers here would think I'm gross and not hygienic. Let me tell you, I am a clean person and my DH finds me very attractive the way I am.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:01 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

No. but in Australia in the 90s there was a lot of tween magazines out there.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:02 pm
sequoia wrote:

That's scary.

granolamom

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
This is just an idea, but send her an anonymous note, with a gift certificate (if you can afford it), or not. This way your friendship is not put in jeopardy.

sorry, I disagree. anonymous note means that people are talking about you behind your back and you dont know who. so now you're mortified to meet anyone in the street.
face-to-face means that ONE person is behind it and that one person has the mentchlachkeit to own it. if you value your friend, be a friend even if it costs you that friendship.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:19 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry, but here you are clueless. Not shaving, anywhere on the body, has NOTHING to do with proper hygiene. It is cosmetic.
''

OK fine. Its not hygiene. But I still stand by the gist of what I was saying, that a girl deserves to have guidance regarding the way to take care of the way she looks to the degree to which it is considered normal in her society. I fully support those who choose not to remove body hair, and I really feel for those who cannot for whatever reason. But you have to know about the option before you can choose not to. I know that there are many reasons that make it hard to remove facial hair but that is less common for leg hair. I still think that its just a caring thing to bring up to the mother in case she hasnt noticed or bothered to guide her dd's here. Maybe start with the legs and dont mention the face just yet. Most people do find leg hair showing under white tights to be gross. You might not care but I'm guessing that most 12 yo girls do once they know.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
''

OK fine. Its not hygiene. But I still stand by the gist of what I was saying, that a girl deserves to have guidance regarding the way to take care of the way she looks to the degree to which it is considered normal in her society. I fully support those who choose not to remove body hair, and I really feel for those who cannot for whatever reason. But you have to know about the option before you can choose not to. I know that there are many reasons that make it hard to remove facial hair but that is less common for leg hair. I still think that its just a caring thing to bring up to the mother in case she hasnt noticed or bothered to guide her dd's here. Maybe start with the legs and dont mention the face just yet. Most people do find leg hair showing under white tights to be gross. You might not care but I'm guessing that most 12 yo girls do once they know.

It is still none of your business. Maybe the mother has a philosophical objection to removal of body hair. Some people do. That's her right, and it's her right to bring up her children with that philosophy, same as if she were vegan or a cosleeper or a raw food enthusiast. If the girls don't agree, they'll figure out how to defuzz on their own, behind their mother's back.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:32 pm
miriaml wrote:
Something like that could be very offensive. Trust me the daughter sees other women, when she wants to do it she will.

This.
Kids have eyes. When they want to look more grown up, whether by defuzzing or wearing high heels (I'm dating myself, as I see eight-year-olds in heels nowadays) or putting on makeup or sheer nylons, they will. They may do it behind their mothers' backs or with their mothers' blessings; they may ask their friends or read instructions in a magazine, but do it they will, if they have any interest whatsoever.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:44 pm
sequoia wrote:

What? It's clearly aimed at college aged women.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:19 am
I read bad mags like that but never applied to real life.
Always upsetting to see the non jews around me more sheltered and wholesome than many religious Jews.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:12 am
Ruchel wrote:
I read bad mags like that but never applied to real life.
Always upsetting to see the non jews around me more sheltered and wholesome than many religious Jews.
I was pretty sheltered.I was pretty young first time I shaved.my father took a belt to me.I kept shaving anyways and wasn't punished for it again.at what expenses are these non religious and religious people sheltering their kiddos?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics