Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Boston on chol hamoed

bp mother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:41 pm
Im interested in going to boston this chol hamoed with my 2 year old. Any suggestions what to do there other than museums? Where can I get kosher food/sukkah? What area should I stay in to be close driving distance to minyan and food? Looking for a cheap decent hotel.

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:51 pm
Hotels - Boston isn't known for cheap ones, and certainly not in the prime tourist areas where you probably want to stay.

Restaurants - most of them are along a street called Harvard Ave., near a major intersection called Coolidge Corner. There aren't so many, but I would think that at least a couple of them would have a sukkah. Probably worth calling in advance to make sure. Otherwise, shuls will have. The YI of Brookline is very close to Coolidge Corner.

Activities - not sure what a 2-year-old would like, but the duck tours are a lot of fun if the weather is nice (not cheap though), also swan boat rides in the Public Garden, plus children's museum is great, maybe science museum or aquarium.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics