Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
The day my son gave up on me

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 10:27 pm
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5701432

This is sooo worth reading. Gave me chills and made me feel guilty and made me wanna refocus my priorities... Now.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 2:24 am
Thanks for posting. Im also guilty of this. Thanks for reminding me whats important in life.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:13 am
Oh yeah. I'm a result of those moms. Amongst her other major issues, which are an insanely painfully part of my life as an adult, those werethe gripes I still have from childhood.

A promise to take me back to canada for that promised shopping trip on park avenue.
The promise to go along here and there if I behaved myself. I WAS A GOOD KID!
A promise for lots and lots of things and the one minutes.... ha! When I heard that, (which was always) id just walk off cuz I knew the minute wouldn't come. Then she'd say but I walked off, you weren't there.... of course she was right again. Always had a reason and an answer.
When my sister says that mom craves a little closeness from her kids and she sometimes shares little unimportant details of her life just to make her feel involved. I refuse. I can't let her into my life again. 
One of my mottos are "men macht dee eigena bet" (you make your own bed) meaning, you sleep/end up in what you prepare for yourself in advance. 
My sister bought a house in the suberbs and is moving away, my mother doesnt even know she planing on telling her not much before the actual move. Im planning on moving within the next 12-18 months to the suberbs too. Although we are thinking of 3-4 places/states and haven't made a decision yet. She has no clue. And we are not planning to clue her in till a month or so before the actual move. I'm not planning to name after her mom not to spite her but because I can't call daughter that name. Too paiful (she was a monster of a grandma) you get the drift....

She's missing out. I'm bh happily married to a wonderful man and have a beautiful dc. Im happy, healthy, and self sufficient.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:20 am
Double post

mommee

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 10:21 am
Thanks for sharing. Definitely a good reminder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics