Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Heter to get tubes tied?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:04 pm
Anon, because this is a very sensitive subject, and many people here know who I am. I would hate for this to get around my community.

I have a very dear friend who can't use any form of BC, for various reasons. Believe me, she's tried them all. She also suffers from mental instability (I won't give details) and it runs in her family. She desperately wants to get her tubes tied.

She is going to ask a very big name rav about this, so I'm not asking if she should do it or not.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has gotten a heter for getting their tubes tied, and how you managed to explain things that would satisfy your rabbi.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:06 pm
OP here. Forgot to add that she has DC of both genders, and does not think she can handle any more. DH wants her to have more, though.

SplitPea

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 6:08 pm
Replying openly with my sn so you can PM me if you wish.

I have children of only one gender and got a heter (pretty much an ORDER) to get my tubes tied.

If you would like to talk more pm me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions