Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Plz recommend hotel near miami
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:46 pm
Finally planning a long awaited short vacation to Miami mid january. NOt interested in spending it with my aunts sister in law and my neighbors best friend..

Can a/o recommend a beautiful hotel in or near Miami that is not full of Jewish ppl (no offense to anyone...) that is on the beach.. Thx

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 8:50 am
Bump

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 6:06 pm
... anyone?!?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:31 pm
Trying one last time... Please someone Smile

Fiveboyz

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:36 pm
Fountainbleu. Or a second choice Eden roc. Cannot compare to the first choice though. Another option is the aqualina or the W

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:40 pm
Fiveboyz wrote:
Fountainbleu. Or a second choice Eden roc. Cannot compare to the first choice though. Another option is the aqualina or the W

Those are def options for me. Seriously looking into fountainebleau , just concerned that I will feel like I walked back into bp and I just want a less " jewish" place

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:44 pm
How rude is that to write back into BP. Thats not nice. Your antisemetic. Anyway we say williansburg not bp when it comes to florida. A big percent that goes there is satmar. Mind you satmar peple are the biggest balai chasadim. But if u wana go to a judenrein place u cn go to an arib country.

mirimiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:47 pm
The FB is gonna be packed with jews....you said you don't want that...
if you want really nice, stay in the st.regis, its beautiful, on the beach and right near all the kosher restaurants in bal harbor (its quite pricey though, don't know what your budget is), I don't know how busy it will be at that time though, but really worth it to look into.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
How rude is that to write back into BP. Thats not nice. Your antisemetic. Anyway we say williansburg not bp when it comes to florida. A big percent that goes there is satmar. Mind you satmar peple are the biggest balai chasadim. But if u wana go to a judenrein place u cn go to an arib country.

Wow. You must ve had a hard day or have some sort of complex if you took offense to that.
No one bashed anyone or any particular group. Relax.
I believe that taking a well deserved vacation with one spouse does not necessitate spending time with all the people we see and know on a day to day basis.

That is why I am inquiring if anyone knows of a less populated hotel...

You can dial back on the hate now. Eat an ice cream or something and chill.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:52 pm
mirimiri wrote:
The FB is gonna be packed with jews....you said you don't want that...
if you want really nice, stay in the st.regis, its beautiful, on the beach and right near all the kosher restaurants in bal harbor (its quite pricey though, don't know what your budget is), I don't know how busy it will be at that time though, but really worth it to look into.

Thank you for the nice and practical suggestion.
I looked into it but it is more on the pricey side. I was looking more at 500 a night max vs 1000 a night.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:54 pm
Everywhere in the Miami area will have jews during the time you plan to go. If that's really not what you want I'd recommend changing your plans (though pretty much anywhere you go will have jews that week) and going elsewhere

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:57 pm
superdanni wrote:
Everywhere in the Miami area will have jews during the time you plan to go. If that's really not what you want I'd recommend changing your plans (though pretty much anywhere you go will have jews that week) and going elsewhere

I know. As a teacher, my vacation coincides with many others... I don't need a totally foreign place just maybe a bit more secluded... What other areas are near miami? I'm not very familiar with the area.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:59 pm
Why choose Miami if you don't want to see (lots and lots and lots) of Jews? Can't you go somewhere else? What are you looking for in a vacation?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:02 pm
superdanni wrote:
Why choose Miami if you don't want to see (lots and lots and lots) of Jews? Can't you go somewhere else? What are you looking for in a vacation?

Warmth , beautiful and relaxing atmosphere, minyan, kosher food, close to ny/ short plane ride...

It s really the only place that fits the bill right now besides I got very very cheap tix with a pricing mistake ... So it's gotta be miami Wink

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
Warmth , beautiful and relaxing atmosphere, minyan, kosher food, close to ny/ short plane ride...

It s really the only place that fits the bill right now besides I got very very cheap tix with a pricing mistake ... So it's gotta be miami Wink

So you already bought the tickets? So if minyanim and kosher restaurants are the draw (which I totally get) there's no point in us recommending you stay in places further out.

mirimiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:09 pm
cheek out the western diplomat, its pretty nice, you will need a car though to get to the restaurants, but I don't remember it being soooo far.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:14 pm
If you want a minyan and kosher food you will be near lots of Jews. If you are willing to drive a distance for those things you'll have more options. But you'll still be surrounded by Jews every time you go daven and eat.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:48 pm
superdanni wrote:
So you already bought the tickets? So if minyanim and kosher restaurants are the draw (which I totally get) there's no point in us recommending you stay in places further out.

Renting a car so a 20 minute drive is no big deal if there are places a bit farther out

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:51 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
If you want a minyan and kosher food you will be near lots of Jews. If you are willing to drive a distance for those things you'll have more options. But you'll still be surrounded by Jews every time you go daven and eat.

Seems like someone threw everyone off. As per the title of the thread I'm looking for a hotel a bit away from the schmaltz of miami but I have no objection to meeting frum people. I love all you guys, just don't want to sit with you by the pool all day Smile

I see there s sunny isles , bal harbor, coral gables, etc any of these fit the bill?

Thanks to all those who are taking an interest to help out.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
Seems like someone threw everyone off. As per the title of the thread I'm looking for a hotel a bit away from the schmaltz of miami but I have no objection to meeting frum people. I love all you guys, just don't want to sit with you by the pool all day Smile

I see there s sunny isles , bal harbor, coral gables, etc any of these fit the bill?

Thanks to all those who are taking an interest to help out.

Those would all be good options
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics