Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Warm community- school with instrumental music program?

chanamichaelah007

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:51 pm
I am a BT looking IY"H to move to a warm accepting community that has a school for boys (co-ed OK) which excels in general studies (my son presently wants to become an engineer) and has a decent band program. Playing percussion in band is quite important to him. I am open to making aliyah, if not would prefer somewhere in the Northeast, but would consider a move about anywhere if necessary.
My hashkafa is not any one stream in particular though I am mostly drawn to learning Chassidus. I think we would do best in an open community. I was raised in the Woodstock, NY area, have a Bohemian background, and feel quite at home in Nachlaot, Tekoa e.g.. It's important to me to mix with folks from varied Orthodox cultures if possible.
I am a holistic health counselor and nutritionist working out of my home so I am fairly mobile and flexible as far as parnassah goes.
-Chana Michaelah

p.s. I'm posting this in 2 spots as I don't know which is more appropriate: education or moving.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:36 pm
Probably a little further than you're interested in, but there's a great school and community in Melbourne that fits the brief :-)

chanamichaelah007

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:58 pm
Thanks for letting me know. I think Australia is too far for us away from family, but tempting... I've heard wonderful things about the people and lifestyle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating