Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
You put in soup...

Rainbows613

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:09 am
Its a recipe of eggs-flour (matza meal) and water and possibly salt. You whisk it all up and fry like very thin pancakes. You get a stack of them then shred/cut them and you put into bowls of soup when serving- we make them pesach time -but its in the pesach cook books which are out of reach... Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Pls can someone give me the recipe? Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:17 am
Pesach soup noodles:

6 eggs
1/2 cup of potato flour
1 cup of water
(only put in salt if you're doing a low sodium soup, otherwise you won't need to add any.)
(add a few dashes of dill leaves for a nice variation)

Whisk REALLY well. Make them like really thin pancakes, the thinner the better. Pour a tiny bit into the pan, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan, not more than that.

Cook each one in a crepe or omlette pan on medium low heat, and don't let it brown. When the top is just firm, flip it over once, and then slide onto a plate. Repeat, whisking the batter between each batch.

When their all done, stack them neatly and let them cool for a bit. Slice into thin "noodles", and wrap in plastic to store. They keep for a few days in the fridge.

DD loves these SO much! It's her favorite Pesach treat. If I serve them with a hearty chicken soup with lots of chunks of meat and veggies, it's a whole meal in a bowl.

Rainbows613

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:21 am
Hey FF thanks so much! what should I use instead of potato flour? Corn starch? or the shops sell potato flour during the yr? I'm in Israel..

SS6099

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:55 am
Rainbows613 wrote:
Hey FF thanks so much! what should I use instead of potato flour? Corn starch? or the shops sell potato flour during the yr? I'm in Israel..

Use flour and make like blintz crepes. Dh loves when I flop a crepe cuz then I make lukshen out of it Smile.

Dev80

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:36 am
Rainbows613 wrote:

Chiming in to say you can get potato starch here during the year, it should be in the baking section or near the flour.

Rainbows613

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:24 am
Thanks dev80! Looked where you said and I found potato flour there.. Can't wait to make them later!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics