Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If youre husband made $250.000
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:07 am
how much would you spend on clothing and shoes ? each month?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:14 am
Minimum $10,000

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:20 am
where do I live?- brooklyn, teaneck etc.- sorry to burst your bubble but that's not so much. Honesely I probably wouldn't spend so much. May be a little more then now but probably not more. I would save for retirement, children's weddings, to help them get started, cleaning help may be etc....

gp2.0

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:22 am
I wouldn't spend much more than I'm spending now. I prefer to spend money on experiences that are with me always rather than objects that just fill my life with clutter.

Really I can think of a thousand things I'd spend it on before clothes and shoes. (Travel, adventure, leisure, investments, college funds, charity...) That's just me.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:28 am
Let's raise the number to 250 million, in which case I would spend a lot on clothing and shoes because I would hire a personal shopper to do it for me!!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:31 am
When that happened to me (much more money, actually) I didn't change how much I spent on clothes. I still consider a dress for myself at $150 to be a lot of money. I feel it's important to stay grounded and also there are more important things to spend money on.

I did change in one area. I will spend when I need for convenience. For example, if I'm missing a pair of pants for my kid a day before yomtov, I'll buy one locally for $50 without thinking, even though I wouldn't do that any other time.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:54 am
amother wrote:
where do I live?- brooklyn, teaneck etc.- sorry to burst your bubble but that's not so much. Honesely I probably wouldn't spend so much. May be a little more then now but probably not more. I would save for retirement, children's weddings, to help them get started, cleaning help may be etc....

yes its not much = that why I ask .

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:55 am
My husband earns more than twice that and I still shop at Target and Old Navy for half my clothes. The other stuff is Nordstrom Rack and Banana on sale. I probably spend a few thousand a year on clothes, shoes and accessories and I think that's a lot.

I get a new sheitel in the $2K rang every 3 years, which I think is more frequent than others. And I have some nice jewelry. Like 4 pieces.

The majority of our extra money is in savings, for ourselves and our kids. And we give lots of tzedekah, more than we need to.

gittelchana

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:55 am
amother wrote:
how much would you spend on clothing and shoes ? each month?

Not very much more than I do now.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
Minimum $10,000

that is way to much

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:01 am
We dont make that much but my husband makes $180k and I spend on my own clothes probably about $750 the whole year.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:40 am
I have no idea what I would spend, but I would still shop discount racks and such. The main differance I think would be that when I need a new pair of shoes, I would buy them when I needed instead of pushing it off until the shoes are pretty much falling apart. Also we would eat more meat. This amount in the OP is 3x what my dh makes. I would feel amazingly rich to have so much.

I wish there wouldn't be so many replies to these types of threads that "250k is not much". I know what you all are trying to say but it really is a lot, and saying it's not can cause someone who has much, much less to feel bad.

Honestly, if I had that much, the first thing I would do is find a family in a tight spot and give them $5,000. It's absolutely amazing how much such a sum can completely turn someone's life around.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:45 am
It's not that $250K isn't a lot, it's that it isn't some free pass to go buy whatever you want. Especially since there are always more pressing needs than a new pair of shoes. The implication was that at that level you can go crazy, but really that "dream level of wealth" is much higher.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:53 am
We make less but I am a shopping addict. I have a part-time job just to fund my shopping addiction.

I love my dh and I don't want to bankrupt him, but at the same time I do want to compete with all the new outfits. And you need a new necklace to match each outfit.

I spend about $300 a month just for myself.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 7:55 am
Not much more then I do now, but I already spend about $6000 a year on my kids and probably at least $2000 on myself. I am working on cutting down.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:06 am
A month?

Who shops every month?

Kids get new clothes for a new season if they've outgrown the old ones.

I wear the same clothing for years and just add in a new top or skirt here or there as things need to be replaced. Same with shoes.

And my husband makes a decent living.

CatLady

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:56 am
If my DH made $250,000, every four years he'd buy me a green dress (but not a real green dress - that's cruel!)

Seriously, I buy clothes according to need, not because I have a monthly budget of $XX.00. This year, I'll need a few basics, but I'm okay for a coat and boots.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:00 am
My husband makes that (actually more like $300K).

I spend $400 per month on clothes and shoes for myself (every month, if I spend less one month I'll carry it over to next) and $200 per month for kids (we have 3 KAH).

A better question is how much on housing Smile

Emotional

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:05 am
I would use any extra money to give my health an overhaul. Any testing or doctors that aren't covered by my insurance, the healthiest foods regardless of cost, vitamins, medications, therapy - whatever it would take to conquer my constant crushing fatigue and lethargy. You can't put a price on good health.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:14 am
Excuse me!!!!! Ladies can make that much also. I use to make $30,000 a month before I was a SAHM late in life. Anonymous for the obvious reasons.

I buy what I need and want without concern for price. When I was working, I bought a different quality. Now I buy so I don't stand out at either end. I wear nice clothes but nothing ostentatious. I have money set aside for the kids and no mortgage.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics