Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD Teen bedwetter.
Previous  1  2  3

sima

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 2:38 pm
oh poor thing, I have the same with my daughter but she is only 6. I hope it gets better for both of us soon. My DD started after she was dry for a long while..........

anyhow, regarding your situation how about doubleing up on the first kind of depends you had the daytime ones that she didn't mind wearing so much?????

Also I put a heavy towel under my daughter and sometimes that works so that the sheets don't get wet. I have the plastic underneath anyhow, but still.......

with regards to blankets I use whatever is the easiest to throw in the laundry and wash

good luck

amother

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 3:19 pm
I felt like I was reading a de ja vu when I read you post.

Go to Dr. Sagie. He is amazing.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 3:24 pm
st1000 wrote:
You are right, the mattress can be protected, but nothing else and by washing everyday things get ruined, plus it's a mess, and its a hygiene issue to sleep with urine all over her at night.

And the fact that she's embarressed about it is very understanding. I mean we talk about it, but she doesn't want me to wake her, and to control her fluids in the evening etc.

Buy cheap linens, they actually hold up better than high quality ones. buy cheap pj's.
Wake dd a bit earlier every day so she has time to shower. I'm the amother quoted in your post and seriously, we had to wash everything every day for years. Nothing got ruined. My child refused to wear diapers so child had to shower every morning and help with cleanup. Clearly, she's embarrassed, that's normal, but I meant not to have the 'oh, everythings wet again' kind of conversations. Definitely have a conversation to come up with a plan on how to deal with the practical part of the problem (ie cleanup) until the problem resolves. It's actually HER problem more than yours so let her deal with it (the cleanup I mean, you obviously have to take control of the main problem like you have by finding drs for her, etc) whether she chooses the diaper or doing the laundry.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 8:37 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Try lining the Depends with a heavy-duty sanitary pad. it will absorb a lot more liquid that way and she won't feel like she's wearing a diaper.

Better yet, use Serenity pads which are designed for urinary incontinence. Sanitary pads are intended to absorb a completely different type of fluid and don't soak up as much liquid as Serenity (or the store-brand equivalent).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics