Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Mesh Bags

Rainbows613

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 1:52 am
My twins are 5 months (ba'h) I want to slowly introduce solids. Anyone here use these mesh bags? Aside from being horrible to wash up! Anything else I should know? I should peel the fruit or veg I assume.. should I boil lets say carrots because they are hard? Thanks!

chani8

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 2:02 am
Definitely start with soft boiled veggies, mashed well.

Just fyi, my twins didn't want solids until they were over a year. In fact, I haven't had much luck getting any 5mo to eat solids. Could be because the mess deters me from trying so hard though.

2gether

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 2:34 am
skip them, what's wrong with a drop on a spoon or on your finger?

Rainbows613

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 5:09 am
Really till a year your twins we're not interested chani8? I think one of my twins will be more interested than the other..

2gether-sounds much easier to put a stick of cucumber in a mesh bag and u
let them suck it than to sit there holding a stick of cucumber keeping an eye that they don't try swallow the whole thing!

After Sucos I plan on starting to spoon feed them rice cereal and mashed boiled veg but I thought till then I would put in pieces of fruit and veg to let them get flavours..

Iymnok

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 6:22 am
I wait till my babies show interest, about 6 mo or so. I give them soft but firm food.
Sweet potato, veggies from the soup, peeled cucumber sticks, bigg piece of pepper- avoid if the child has teeth, stir fried schnitzel strips. I put it in the tray and he eats it himself.
Letting him do it himself teaches eye hand coordination

pickle321

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 7:08 am
Rainbows613 wrote:
Really till a year your twins we're not interested chani8? I think one of my twins will be more interested than the other..

2gether-sounds much easier to put a stick of cucumber in a mesh bag and u
let them suck it than to sit there holding a stick of cucumber keeping an eye that they don't try swallow the whole thing!

After Sucos I plan on starting to spoon feed them rice cereal and mashed boiled veg but I thought till then I would put in pieces of fruit and veg to let them get flavours..

I would start with the mushy stuff first and then move to finger foods at 7 or 8 months once they're able to feed it to themselves. They are only used to liquids now so moving to chunks of fruits and veggies might be harder for them to get used to than soft mushy foods

amother

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 8:04 am
I would start with the mushy stuff first and try the bags later. My son loved foods but never liked the mesh bag. Better to try regular food first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics