Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help me get ready for Zex Ed

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 12:37 pm
I know this has been posted before but I didn't think I was ready for the info yet so I didn't pay attention. My kids were discussing if our pet could have babies and my son said no because there isn't an oppsosite zex animal to mate with. A younger kid asked why there need to be a boy and girl and my 10 yr old DS just smiled and was quiet. After he said this he gave me the biggest smirk I've ever seen. I am 99% he someplace learnt how babies are made. I really wanted this info to come from us but now I know it is time for the talk. He is 10 and in 5th grade son. He is a "late bloomer" and so we haven't really had a sit down talk about puberty yet. We are very open in general and he knows the proper names for his and female private parts. He knows where a baby comes from becaus ehe asked when I had my last baby. He knows that during puberty he will start sweating and need deodorant and get hair in various places but we never told him about the other more zexual stuff such as erecti0n, how babies are conceived etc. Can you ladies who have been through this PLEASE tell me how to approach this subject and more importantly tell me what and how much detail to go into? I know there was a thread geared towards young girls that was expertly written, can someone post a link? Also if someone knows of a source for something similar for boys that would be most helpful. Is there a book I could give him after to reinforce what we discussed? We are BT through Chabad but more modern leaning. Also do you think it would be really bad if I did the talk? My DS in general seems to be more open about these things talking to me? Also I am scared that my DH won't get across the beauty of zex etc. Thanks so much in advance for any helpful advice.

sequoia

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 12:41 pm
It sounds like he knows already. Ask him what he has heard, correct any misinformation ala you can't get pregnant if you do it underwater, and enough. Don't know why you thought a fifth grader wouldn't be apprised of basic facts.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:04 pm
173 views and only one response. Anyone have anything to add?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
173 views and only one response. Anyone have anything to add?

At least thank the person who responded! How rude!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:53 pm
Wow I didn't mean to be rude. Thank you for responding. I think you could have said it a little nicer. embarrassed

sequoia

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
Wow I didn't mean to be rude. Thank you for responding. I think you could have said it a little nicer. embarrassed

We're actually two different people LOL

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:58 pm
Hi there!

There was a beautifully written post on here ,once. It was on a thread about talking to boys about these topics. It was a while ago and I am so sorry that I am not tech savvy enough to link it. Maybe someone else here will know which one I mean. There was a lot of info about the physical part of chsnges,as well as a nice spiritual /hashkafa part. You could obviously adapt that as needed. If I find the title of the thread ,I will post that.

Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:01 pm
I found it,it's called "spinoff-what do you tell boys"

Hope it helps!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:07 pm
OP here THANK YOU

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:08 pm
I am So happy I could help!
May you have only nachas!