Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chalet Hotel-need info ASAP!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 9:04 pm
We were considering succos there. Please tell me if it is a dump or if it is decent for a 3 day yom tov? I don't expect beautiful, but I do expect clean. Thank u!!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 9:23 pm
bump because need to make decision tonight-thanks

sky

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:23 pm
I stayed there a few years ago in one of the newer rooms and it was very nice and decent. these are the ones with a balcony. there was an vinyl wood floor that I liked better then carpet, the room was very large and clean, bathroom was old but decent. You had to bring all your own toiletries like soap, shampoo. They did provide towels. (this was in the summer so it could be yom tov is different.) Food was excellent - more on the heimish side - there was a lot of it and there was a lot of variety.
I think they only served grape juice and seltzer at meals so if you want soda for specific wine you may want to bring it yourself.

I believe the older rooms are much more run down. I wasn't in them, but that is what I was told by a family staying in one of them and when I made reservations.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:53 pm
sky, I sincerely appreciate your response.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 8:44 pm
We are going to go. But if anyone else had a positive experience, please let me know so I can sleep tonight Very Happy

momX4

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 9:23 pm
I never went there.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. If you want to have a good time and nice yom tov, you need to go with that attitude. Any expectations may lead to disappointments. But if you plan to enjoy yourself regardless of what the room looks like, and not allow things to bother you, you will most likely have a great time.

Its your attitude that matters. (I have stayed in a shabby resort. I kept quiet about things and my kids begged to go back the next year. They didnt care or notice most of the inconveniences or broken dripping sink.)

amother

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 9:25 pm
I absolutely love chalet! It's not extravagant, but the rooms are clean and their food is gourmet.
Good atmosphere all around. I go there often. Relax! You'll enjoy iyh!

Are you staying in an old or renovated room!

ice princess

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 10:24 pm
Amother going to Chalet for the first days, say hi if you see me! I'll be the one running after my daughter and son all day Wink. Would be lovely to meet a fellow amother there.

You can pm me if you'd like.

new-here

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 1:32 pm
Hi, all of you that wrote they were there for sukkos - can you tell me how it was? We are considering going for Shavous. Please write your review about the food & accomadations and what its like - I was never there. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics